Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Smoke & Mirrors from Bob Tyler (Flight Options)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amen Turbo!

Yeah I remember when Boisture put out the stupid lousey contract DVD.

I was in Iraq at the time. I threw the DVD over the perimeter fence. The next day I was walking down the primeter and the Iraqis threw it back!

Look at the good side, at least your ahead of flex. They are in the state of denial.

By the way, Flex Pilots beware, management is looking for union supporters to fire right about now.

Good luck to all. I would like to see us all under 1108.

TurboHonda said:
The second letter was about the mechanics that left FLOPS to go to Raytheon a couple of years ago and how they are now coming back to FLOPS. “Recently, both companies reviewed their collaborative relationship and collectively decided that it is in the best interest of both entities to move the aircraft service function back to Flight Options, LLC.”

Just to clarify....this is NOT only the mechanics that used to work for FLOPS, but ALL mechanics that currently work at a facility that is strictly for FLOPS MX(PBI, TEB, DAL, MCC, CGF, APA). This includes many guys that used to work for the retail side of RAS MX, but unfortunately for them were located at a facility that become strictly FLOPS MX(DAL is the first one that comes to mind). On the flip side, guys that were with FLOPS originally, and moved over to RAS and then transferred to a facility that is NOT strictly for FLOPS MX(such as a friend of mine that transferred from CGF to FTY) will remain with RAS.

I am a Technician who has been with Flops since Apr 2000. I had at that
time a benifit of CSL(continuous service leave) When you got to 6 yrs of
service you would recieve 2 months off with pay or one month off and double pay the second month. Great beni and I looked forward to that date which would be in just a few months now. However When the RAS merger came along they said "no we are sorry RAS has no such policy and you wont be getting this nor will you be compensated for time served" We were also teased with the Pension at that time to help show us how green it was with RAS. In the mean time Flops did away with the CSL and paid out to the still Flops employees a prorated credit to their sick bank. Well here we are today back with Flops and guess what No CSL and No pension Not that the two are equals but I feel like I have been haggled downtown by some street vendor. The question was asked at the "offical" meeting today about CSL and the answer was a flat "no csl" not a "we thought about it or we will have to look at it" but a flat out no and thats that. Well I dont think thats that and I hope that everyone effected lets management know this and maybe we will have a say. Though I doubt it. IMHO if I were a pilot (someday hope to be) I belive I would be voting union. I know some pilots at Net jets and sure sounds good to me.

Semore Butts said:
Yeah I remember when Boisture put out the stupid lousey contract DVD.

I was in Iraq at the time. I threw the DVD over the perimeter fence. The next day I was walking down the primeter and the Iraqis threw it back!

Look at the good side, at least your ahead of flex. They are in the state of denial.

By the way, Flex Pilots beware, management is looking for union supporters to fire right about now.

Good luck to all. I would like to see us all under 1108.

Hey Semore, that is very similar to my experience with the DVD. :) I read the board and saw that some pilots were rejecting the DVD. Husband was flying so when it showed up, I marked it (for him) "return to sender". Two days later I got it back! It was a boomerang! I quoted that Dolly Parton song in a post on the NJ board--"What is it about no, that you don't understand?" (We knew moles were reading the board.)

All that money wasted on a piece of propaganda while telling us they were broke. We get accused of shoving the union down pilots' throats--HA! How much did they spend overnighting that DVD to almost 2000 pilots? Some of them twice --if theirs was a boomerang like ours.

Here we go again. I've been bored reading the Fracs forum since NJA's TA. C'mon, let's see some Options trolls!!

:)

oh there coming, one of our more famous (from RTA days) F18 pilots (forgotten hes not in the military)will soon be posting for management soon. He is on our newly formed hotel committee. Aka. smoke and mirror

I think I need a book deal, compile all these threads for the enjoyment of the public. Any takers ??

Latest resources

Back