• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OYS will not admit her true gender. How in the world could you tell what party. :)

Sounds like you like gender-less humans types? Or, you like to go to bed with ferns or lilacs? Really? They will probably listen to your SLI banter and actually agree with your logic. Congrats on finding your soulmate, a thing called Chaz. When is the wedding?

OYS

Last edited:
An MEC should never send something out unless it's with a yes recommendation.

Exactly. If they don't endorse it, why did they accept it in the first place?

OYS,

I can't see your posts because you're a moron but even AirTran is happy with the deal or their NC wouldn't have signed off on it. Both pilot groups will vote it in and in about 42 days we're going to be family. That means I'll have their backs.

Time to let it go - and save your energy for the Canyon Blue Crush coming to ATL.

Gup

OYS,

I can't see your posts because you're a moron but even AirTran is happy with the deal or their NC wouldn't have signed off on it. Both pilot groups will vote it in and in about 42 days we're going to be family. That means I'll have their backs.

Time to let it go - and save your energy for the Canyon Blue Crush coming to ATL.

Gup

+1. I agree

Serious question and NOT flamebait...but what would happen if SWA sell's the 717's to DAL? Is there furlough protection written in for the AT guys? and for those who say furlough protection isn't worth the paper written on it, it saved MY job in the last recession.

If there is a furlough all of the post Sept 27th hires will be furloughed first, in reverse DOH order. After that it will be 1 pre-Sept 27th SWA pilot for every 1 pre-Sept 27th AirTran pilot, no matter where the pre-Sept 27th SWA pilots fall on the new seniority list.

If either side votes it down, does anyone get the chance to add incentives before it goes to an arbitrator?

From what the SWAPA Execs and the SWAPA NC Chairman are saying is if either side turns this down it will go straight to arbitration.

I think 73 tanker almost has it. Furloughs would happen in reverse seniority order until the date of corporate closing, then all AT pilots hired between snapshot and DOCC, and then all swa pilots hired between the snapshot and DOCC, then 1:1 AT/SWA.

That said I think that GK would not make a strategic move that guarantees furloughs once integrated. Before integration has been the subject of much speculation.

I think 73 tanker almost has it. Furloughs would happen in reverse seniority order until the date of corporate closing, then all AT pilots hired between snapshot and DOCC, and then all swa pilots hired between the snapshot and DOCC, then 1:1 AT/SWA.
Correct.

That said I think that GK would not make a strategic move that guarantees furloughs once integrated. Before integration has been the subject of much speculation.
I don't see furloughs barring some type of 9/11 or oil $200+/brl in the next 2-3 years. Gary wants to enter a growth mode, not combine and furlough. An old airline saying: "If you aren't growing, you're dying". You have to have new income to offset increasing costs in terms of longer longevity employees.

Latest resources

Back