• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DEBO said it. The Airtran guys see IMMEDIATE rewards. The SWA FO sees nothing unless we GROW. That requires 15% ROIC....not happening. Look at the history. Look at our industry. SWA FO gets a 12% seniority bump that is ABSOLUTELY USELESS!!! The AIRTRAN FO makes more money as a SWA FO than he would ever have made as an AIRTRAN CAPTAIN!!! SWA FO's get the Captain seats till 2020. Once again....we must see massive growth to realize that benny. Not happening according to our CFO Accountant type CEO. if we were growing, even I would say thats not fair for Airtran guys. But the fact remains...ALL Airtran guys EXCEED CAREER FINANCIAL EXPECTATIONS with this deal. All Airtran cappys keep their seat. With current growth forecasts, SWA FO's get NUUUUUTHING!!!! Airtran FO's get 70K+ raise DAY 1!!!!! The deal is a joke. I mean no harm to any Airtran Pilot, honestly. But, this deal is a thousand miles from FAIR and EQUITABLE.

You have two groups to send Thank You cards to......your CEO and your union. Notice the "YOUR" used in both examples.....have a great day.

I love it how all the SWA guys are telling us we would be crazy to turn this down. Do ya think they have a vested interest?

AAI would be fools to accept this. Go to arbitration if they pay the 717 way less use your seniority to bid the 737. AAI pilots are already starting a grass roots effort to vote Noooooooooo!

Agreed rf. Mp if you feel as such then do what you must. I respect that.

I'm willing to fly the very first open time trip there!

Gup

And I'll be happy to fly with the first SWA captain that comes here! Look, I hate this SLI agreement with a passion, but that has nothing to do with the SWA pilots. There should be no animosity between the two pilot groups. That serves no purpose. If this deal is ratified, that's the list, and everyone needs to get along.

Thanks PCL (Todd) I have kick you in the teeth as often anyone else, and that was a mature statement.

You do realize that he's a seat locked 717 FO that lives in the ATL ...... You won't be seeing PCL for a veeeeeeeery long time.

And he knows it. :D

Ask yourself this; how long will it be before any SWA pilot will hold an ATL 717 Captain seat.

Last edited:
And I'll be happy to fly with the first SWA captain that comes here! Look, I hate this SLI agreement with a passion, but that has nothing to do with the SWA pilots. There should be no animosity between the two pilot groups. That serves no purpose. If this deal is ratified, that's the list, and everyone needs to get along.

Not so sure about that. Disagreeing is one thing. Using your union position to undermine efforts, those who hacked the Swapa site, the MEC members who leaked partial info.... There ought to be consequences for that.
How do you reconcile hating on swa for all these years, doing everything you've done to undermine our union and company and then just slide on in?
Think that'll happen?

those who hacked the Swapa site, the MEC members who leaked partial info.... There ought to be consequences for that.

I don't think any MEC members leaked anything. As for hacking the SWAPA web site, I agree with you, whoever did that should have some consequences coming. Are you suggesting that it was one of our pilots?

How do you reconcile hating on swa for all these years, doing everything you've done to undermine our union and company

Undermining your union and company? Gee, I guess I'm one powerful guy! :laugh: Give me a break, wave. A little melodramatic, don't you think? I don't like this SLI, but if it passes, or whatever ends up being the final SLI, I'll be more than happy as a Southwest pilot, and I'll work to make the customers happy and the company a success. I'm sorry if you believe otherwise.

and then just slide on in? Think that'll happen?

More threats, wave? Sad. Just sad.

Hey, I'm nobody. No authority, and not in the know. Just makes me sick that we're going to pay you to fly airplanes. (or not fly, since we all know you avoid that whenever you can.)

So who leaked? Someone, definitely on your side leaked. Think you have anonymity in numbers? So many they'll never track you all down.

I still wish you had a probation year.

Latest resources

Back