• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As I continue to read all the responses to the SLI I think many on here are not seeing the forest for the trees. Let's remember the positives. For us AT pilots.
1. No more horrible AT management.
2. We get to be part of an incredible CBA.
3. Better pay and benefits.

For our SWA brothers:
1. Growth
2. Turn key international development.
3. Entry into the ATL Market and DCA market.

These are only a small few gains on each side. As it has been said, "A good SLI is when everyone is upset". After all is said and done, we will all work together and write a new chapter for Southwest Airlines. Let's make that a chapter that we can look back at years from now and be proud of. What has made both companies great is the passion both employee groups have for their companies. Let's put our differences aside and work together to make this work group the best in the world. Lets not drag ourselves into petty ego driven hatred. In the years to come we ALL will be winners.

My best to all.

Last edited:
If either side votes it down, does anyone get the chance to add incentives before it goes to an arbitrator?

For ex if it is the SW fo's that are not happy can there be a sign on bonus added to make things right for them?

As I continue to read all the responses to the SLI I think many on here are not seeing the forest for the trees. Let's remember the positives. For us AT pilots.

For our SWA brothers:
1. Growth

These are only a small few gains on each side. As it has been said, "A good SLI is when everyone is upset". After all is said and done, we will all work together and write a new chapter for Southwest Airlines. Let's make that a chapter that we can look back at years from now and be proud of. What has made both companies great is the passion both employee groups have for their companies. Let's put our differences aside and work together to make this work group the best in the world. Lets not drag ourselves into petty ego driven hatred. In the years to come we ALL will be winners.

My best to all.

I guess the initial "shock" has passed? You've been very consistent the past 10 months. I was surprised to see your initial reaction to the deal.

I'm still groaning.

Gup

Gup,

I made the mistake of speaking before thinking. (seems to rule these forums). Now that I had time to think and be rational in my thought process I am back to normal.
I realized that after all is said and done being able to enjoy going to work and being with the best airline in the world also has value. Yes, I will be stapled, but I will enjoy my career and not dread coming to work wondering what will happen next. And too me personally, it's worth it.

Last edited:

For our SWA brothers:
1. Growth

My best to all.

It sounds like you are giving up old man. I know you want stability, but there are some major inequities it seems in this agreement. You don't have to thank Swapa for this merger, only GK. SWAPA didn't do anything for you, and they don't pay your paycheck. You are also right about growth for the SWA pilots, thanks exclusively to YOU. They will thank you for it, I'm sure.

And "turn key International development?" Really? You go to some Caribbean and Mexican markets. Next stop, Canada.

OYS

Gup,

I made the mistake of speaking before thinking. (seems to rule these forums). Now that I had time to think and be rational in my thought process I am back to normal.
I realized that after all is said and done being able to enjoy going to work and being with the best airline in the world also has value. Yes, I will be stapled, but I will enjoy my career and not dread coming to work wondering what will happen next. And too me personally, it's worth it.

What a complete meltdown.

OYS

It sounds like you are giving up old man. I know you want stability, but there are some major inequities it seems in this agreement. You don't have to thank Swapa for this merger, only GK. SWAPA didn't do anything for you, and they don't pay your paycheck. You are also right about growth for the SWA pilots, thanks exclusively to YOU. They will thank you for it, I'm sure.

And "turn key International development?" Really? You go to some Caribbean and Mexican markets. Next stop, Canada.

OYS

OYS you should run for public office. Please let me know what ballot you end up on.

Gup,

My thoughts as well!

Latest resources

Back