• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sleepy NWA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This one will be very interesting. Everyone has closed their eyes for 15 mins or so. It actually helps. I have done it and so have guys I fly with. When I am PF I just take the radios when the other guy seems out. It actually makes me feel like solo flying and I get more alert. Odd time of day for both guys to be out cold though. Coming from the west coast it sounds like it was their first leg and maybe only leg of day. Also, the time of day is odd to be sleeping. Even with decent sleep, at certain times of the day you feel a bit groggy. Getting up at 430am with decent rest usually causes that tired feeling around 9 or 10. Then there is the late afternoon fatigue if you were up early with less sleep. Usually, a quick 10 or 15 with just eyes closed helps. As far as the "discussion" goes, everyone misses a call or two when talking. An hour? That is a tough one. Even if you were screaming at each other you still do it with ears and mouth. The eyes still work and those Nav displays arent easy to miss. You have top of descent cues and everything. Plus, I think most of us have the FMS set to a page that shows progress or some other screen that gives time of arrival or distance to go. That is how I judge when to get ATIS or gate info. The answers will come but for conversation and speculation talks I think they were out. It is not the first time that this has happened. Either way I think they will be cooked. With all the congressional stuff happening they will have to be made examples of. After the ATL taxi landing I think DAL will need to distance themselves as much as possible. I do not think airline or regs play into this one.

PF: "130 miles from destination."
PM: "Checks"

1) they were sleeping
2) flew the extra 150 to CYA on the CVR

CASE CLOSED.

I doubt if that much thought went into flying an extra 150 miles to CYA.

Look, they missed MSP by 150 miles and it really does not matter why...they screwed up...just like when NWA missed the Rapid City airport a few years ago and landed at a military airport. No excuses...just screwed up.

you folks do know they can easily extract data overwritten on a CVR by a factor of ten don't you???

No kidding? I didn't know that.

Ok, a factor of 10 based on the 30 minute loop will give them 300 minutes.

We'll either get the entire "heated discussion" or lots of zzzz's......

How many ACARS messages went out by the way?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back