• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sleepy NWA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps in the future there will be a big red button you have to press every 5 minutes like in a locomotive. If you don't press it after 5 minutes the Locomotive turns off. Although this might not be very good in a plane.

maybe this guy speaks a little slow or is awesttruck by the camera, but he sounded like he'd been drinking or maybe just some marbles in his mouth.

I didn't hear it like that, although I cannot imagine why he said anything at all. You just never, ever talk to the media-they will figure out some way to make it look bad.

If you say nothing-no story, but if you say anything at all they will twist it around and make you look just like Gen Lee raping a Llama.

Last edited:
I didn't hear it like that, although I cannot imagine why he said anything at all. You just never, ever talk to the media-they will figure out some way to make it look bad.

If you say nothing-no story, but if you say anything at all they will twist it around and make you look just like Gen Lee raping a Llama.

Seriously. Sooooo, you weren't sleeping, you weren't arguing, after saying that you were arguing, which means you are flipping incompetent.

Good work Mr. FO.

I bet your CA would appreciate a chance to boot you in the arse right about now. Especially now that i'm fairly certain this all happened after you said "roger, my controls, my radios" when he said he needed to study his eyelid revision.

While we're throwing out speculation, anyone know if their extended track took them near DTW? Maybe they were doing a Detroit turn later in the rotation, looked at the wrong line and entered the wrong destination during preflight. If the fms gave you the standard not enough fuel warning--"we haven't loaded the winds yet, that will change.". Miss a handoff somewhere, get distracted and bingo. Somewhere past MSP one of them picks up the rotation to talk about new scheduling policies and--hey where are we??

Hmmm...(!!!!)..Finally, a plausible theory that may have played a part in this fiasco....

Last edited:
They absolutely, positively, in no way did anything wrong, it's just not possible. Yep, they will fit right into the DL seniority list.

While we're throwing out speculation, anyone know if their extended track took them near DTW? Maybe they were doing a Detroit turn later in the rotation, looked at the wrong line and entered the wrong destination during preflight. If the fms gave you the standard not enough fuel warning--"we haven't loaded the winds yet, that will change.". Miss a handoff somewhere, get distracted and bingo. Somewhere past MSP one of them picks up the rotation to talk about new scheduling policies and--hey where are we??

Who enters data from their rotation instead of from the release? Anybody that's ever graced the front seat of an airliner should be verifying the crew, tail number and city pair from the release before they do anything. Besides, it appears they loaded the destination correctly because after the last fix over MSP the autopilot reverted to HDG mode and held the last heading. I don't think what you suggest played any part in what actually happened.

Latest resources

Back