• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sleep room

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People that snore in the sleep room are inconsiderate @$$holes! 'Nuff Said!

Did you ever consider this dude may have a medical problem and not even know it? Perhaps politely awaken him and say "Dude, you were snoring and even gasping for air in you sleep. You might wanna see a doc about that". Snoring is a precursor to sleep apnea.

But I do agree, snoring is horrendous to attempt to sleep with....

Ok now that I am awake and not as pissed off, let me explain my position.
The reason I feel this way is because, snoring doesn't just impact one person in the room. It degrades the quality of rest for those in the entire room. For the most part, people in the sleep room are too timid or polite to try to wake and inform an offending snorer. Thus the noisemaker is left to snore freely while the entire room sits there in a half-awake, half-asleep state of pi$$ed off.

Anybody else here feel the same way?

Why should I have to wear uncomfortable ear plugs to sleep when the other guy gets to sleep happily snoring away? I guess I'll just have to stick to waking them up.

Get a hotel room and only one person will be there. Problem solved.

Try sleeping in a GP Medium tent less than 100 yrds from a runway; on a cot with C-5s, C-141s, C-130s, AH-1s, OH-58, Mi-26s, Mi-8s and CH-47s operating day and night. Earplugs work great even after months of wearing.

Get a hotel room and only one person will be there. Problem solved.

Try sleeping in a GP Medium tent less than 100 yrds from a runway; on a cot with C-5s, C-141s, C-130s, AH-1s, OH-58, Mi-26s, Mi-8s and CH-47s operating day and night. Earplugs work great even after months of wearing.

I had to *attempt* to sleep in a tent about 300 feet from a runway where French Mirage's where doing touch and go's at 6 o'clock in the morning. I don't think I managed more than 3 hours a night for about 5 days. Why in the world landing practice occurred at that time of the day is beyond me.

Pay for their tonsillectomy or gym membership.

If you're not willing to do that, use the same earplugs you use when you do your walk around and man the f*ck up.

Sheesh.

Whiner! Try sleeping in a 200-man berthing space aboard one of the US Navy's finest. Especially when the 'tards let their coffin-racks slam shut and the chicks traverse the space to take their hourly logs while screaming 'female on-deck!'

Earplugs and phone set on stun will do the trick. That or buy yourself a room!

sleep on your side or stomach if you snore.
Also, in my experience it's always the old flight attendants that snore the worst.

That's why u should tell them to leave the room after your done with them. I have found that the young ones like to go back to there room right away

Back in Nam we used to sleep in the hollowed out body cavities of the sappers we caught in the wire. We cut their fingers off and used them as ear plugs to block out the constant noise of the danger close 155mm rounds.

Therefore.........

You should wear earplugs in the sleep room

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back