• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Sleep room

mtsupilot376

happy to be alive
Total Time
People that snore in the sleep room are inconsiderate @$$holes! 'Nuff Said!

Last edited:

mtsupilot376

happy to be alive
Total Time
Ok now that I am awake and not as pissed off, let me explain my position.
The reason I feel this way is because, snoring doesn't just impact one person in the room. It degrades the quality of rest for those in the entire room. For the most part, people in the sleep room are too timid or polite to try to wake and inform an offending snorer. Thus the noisemaker is left to snore freely while the entire room sits there in a half-awake, half-asleep state of pi$$ed off.

Anybody else here feel the same way?

Why should I have to wear uncomfortable ear plugs to sleep when the other guy gets to sleep happily snoring away? I guess I'll just have to stick to waking them up.

rumrnr78

Total Time
If you need to sleep get a hotel. Seriously, I have been there and done that. Consider it an investment in your future. Colgan ring any bells?
I was further motivated to stop sleeping in the crew room after a pilot was caught pleasuring himself in the "sleep room".

DrewBlows

Go Tigers!
Total Time
You are sleeping in a room with a bunch of other dudes and it's the ear plugs that make you uncomfortable? The whole situation is uncomfortable, put the ear plugs in and get some sleep.

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
Smothering him with a pillow stops the breathing, which in turn stops the snoring. Problem solved.

spudskier

Total Time
<enuf
page him! (at least half the pilot group has the PA phone number, ask someone) and page him to his airplane (make it somewhere far away)

i.e. "PAGING CAPTAIN {insert name here}, please report to your aircraft, ship 882 at gate E37, captain {name} to your aircraft please"

THat'll get you at least 30 minutes of sleep!

maxcackel

Total Time
I snore, can't help it wish I could. I try to stay out of the sleep room but if I need a nap I take one. But I do shut the ringer off on my phone unlike most people that have it go off every two minutes.

WayBack

Total Time
sleep on your side or stomach if you snore.
Also, in my experience it's always the old flight attendants that snore the worst.

JettBoii

Its a sleep room to nap in when you have a 3 hour break. I cannot sleep in there. It is hot as hell; not much ventilation. There is always someone who has their rap ring tone or their outdated monotone ringer set to a deafening stun so when it rings it wakes everyone up. Someone decides to have a conversation with their babys daddy for 10 minutes. Then there is the guy who snores louder than an outboard Evinrude at full throttle. Oh I almost forgot the one who decides they are going to be "quiet" and open their fatty crew snack very slowly which just prolongs the noise that accompanies the whole process followed by the crunching on their trail mix and chips. Then we have the constant cackling in the F/A breakroom which penetrates the paper thin walls; might as well have an APU running in that room. Sleep on the lazy boy by the tv; cooler, quieter and just as dark when the light is turned off.

Last edited:

Beaver79

Total Time
People that snore in the sleep room are inconsiderate @$$holes! 'Nuff Said!

Did you ever consider this dude may have a medical problem and not even know it? Perhaps politely awaken him and say "Dude, you were snoring and even gasping for air in you sleep. You might wanna see a doc about that". Snoring is a precursor to sleep apnea.

But I do agree, snoring is horrendous to attempt to sleep with....

QOL_is_great:)

What the?
Total Time
>6500
Ok now that I am awake and not as pissed off, let me explain my position.
The reason I feel this way is because, snoring doesn't just impact one person in the room. It degrades the quality of rest for those in the entire room. For the most part, people in the sleep room are too timid or polite to try to wake and inform an offending snorer. Thus the noisemaker is left to snore freely while the entire room sits there in a half-awake, half-asleep state of pi$$ed off.

Anybody else here feel the same way?

Why should I have to wear uncomfortable ear plugs to sleep when the other guy gets to sleep happily snoring away? I guess I'll just have to stick to waking them up.

Get a hotel room and only one person will be there. Problem solved.

Try sleeping in a GP Medium tent less than 100 yrds from a runway; on a cot with C-5s, C-141s, C-130s, AH-1s, OH-58, Mi-26s, Mi-8s and CH-47s operating day and night. Earplugs work great even after months of wearing.

Beaver79

Total Time
Get a hotel room and only one person will be there. Problem solved.

Try sleeping in a GP Medium tent less than 100 yrds from a runway; on a cot with C-5s, C-141s, C-130s, AH-1s, OH-58, Mi-26s, Mi-8s and CH-47s operating day and night. Earplugs work great even after months of wearing.

I had to *attempt* to sleep in a tent about 300 feet from a runway where French Mirage's where doing touch and go's at 6 o'clock in the morning. I don't think I managed more than 3 hours a night for about 5 days. Why in the world landing practice occurred at that time of the day is beyond me.

Salukipilot4590

IS WE ON TV?
Total Time
Pay for their tonsillectomy or gym membership.

If you're not willing to do that, use the same earplugs you use when you do your walk around and man the f*ck up.

Sheesh.

Hovernut

Home Based Again!
Total Time
Whiner! Try sleeping in a 200-man berthing space aboard one of the US Navy's finest. Especially when the 'tards let their coffin-racks slam shut and the chicks traverse the space to take their hourly logs while screaming 'female on-deck!'

Earplugs and phone set on stun will do the trick. That or buy yourself a room!

Dubya

Part time genius
Total Time
Fu%#ing panty waste.

samballs

Total Time
sleep on your side or stomach if you snore.
Also, in my experience it's always the old flight attendants that snore the worst.

That's why u should tell them to leave the room after your done with them. I have found that the young ones like to go back to there room right away

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
Total Time
<8000
Back in Nam we used to sleep in the hollowed out body cavities of the sappers we caught in the wire. We cut their fingers off and used them as ear plugs to block out the constant noise of the danger close 155mm rounds.

Therefore.........

You should wear earplugs in the sleep room

Last edited: