Sleep aids

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rubicon789 said:
I've been flying the backside for a year now, I don't like taking med's unless I am sick, and stay as far away from the caffine as I can. I find that eating right and drinking plenty of water thoughout the night makes a huge diff... I don't drink coffee at all. I think it's just hard for some people to adjust, but I see everyone drinking coffee etc. all the time. No wonder they are having trouble sleeping. I would say try that before drugs.

My .00002

I agree, Said Again I Agree!

Coffee CAN really mess you up. A few years ago, I was drinking WAYYYY too much coffee, and for me it didn't cause sleep problems, but what I had to do was drink 3 or 4 very strong coffees every morning just to feel OK.

Then, along comes a stint of all-nighters. About 0330, we're both nodding, and up comes a fresh pot of coffee. The Captain had a cup or two and perked right up. I drank 3/4 of that pot and it didn't do anything! I had developed a massive tolerance to caffeine that's still with me. It sucks not to be able to rely on coffee to work when you need it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back