• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FYI, Benadryl works the same as Tylenol PM

McNugget said:
FYI, Benadryl works the same as Tylenol PM

Yeah, Benadryl works pretty good for me too. Also try Chamomile Tea. "celestial seasonings" has their own version of it. Chamomile really mellows you out. I have a cup before bed sometimes and it knocks you right out. Plus you get some really vivid dreams.

I've been flying the backside for a year now, I don't like taking med's unless I am sick, and stay as far away from the caffine as I can. I find that eating right and drinking plenty of water thoughout the night makes a huge diff... I don't drink coffee at all. I think it's just hard for some people to adjust, but I see everyone drinking coffee etc. all the time. No wonder they are having trouble sleeping. I would say try that before drugs.

My .00002

Just grab a copy of part 91 or part 135. Start at 91.1 and begin reading.

If you've made it through both, grab a copy of the "Instrument Flying Handbook". You'll be out by chapter 2 if not the second page.

BenderGonzales said:
I use melatonin. It is the chemical produced by your body to regulate your sleep. (OTC melatonin is actually cow melatonin though).

Take one caplet :60 minutes before I want to be asleep and an hour later i'm out like a light.

I do have rather vivid dreams when i'm using it. The next morning though I feel like a million bucks!

Well...based on the advice from here (ha!), I took one melatonin. That was about 30 minutes ago. Now I can't stop yawning so it is off to bed. We'll see how the morning goes.

JediNein said:
Just grab a copy of part 91 or part 135. Start at 91.1 and begin reading.

If you've made it through both, grab a copy of the "Instrument Flying Handbook". You'll be out by chapter 2 if not the second page.

John and Martha King videos also work!

i can't believe no one has said it

What about a good old dolphin flogging? You know, punch the clown? Puts me out like a light.

WorldOnTime said:
What about a good old dolphin flogging? You know, punch the clown? Puts me out like a light.

I prefer the term "boxing" the clown. Boxing implies that you use finesse and training to achieve the desired result. "Punching" the clown seems kind of brutish and un-skilled. Granted, if you are pressed for time than you gotta do what you gotta do to achieve the desired result.

Works for me also.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back