SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Terrain Terrain said:
If skywest hired me would I know for what aircraft before I get to groundschool. thanks

Yes.

Along with the congratulations letter and the "Welcome aboard" packet with information about the company and the groundschool comes a packet with the limitations and memory items for the aircraft you have been hired into.

What are the schedules like out of ORD on the RJ for a new guy? If you get the jet do they specify which one 50 or 70? or do they add differences training to the innitial mix?

If you get hired into the RJ they give you differences training and you fly both. I have heard you will also be qualified to fly the 900 when SKYW gets them.

What are the trip schedules in the EMB 120 if you are based out of SLC or DEN?
1,2,3,4 day trips? DO you make it out for all of the California flying or do you only stay in the Utah/CO/ID/Montana areas?

Thanks

if you have 121 and a bunch of turbine/mult, what are the chances of getting th RJ, better, or still a crapshoot (i would like ORD, if I got hired) anyhow thanks for the info again!

You get hired into whatever they need you for, RJ time or not, may have changed in recent months though. Some of the EMB guys have been getting lines straight out of training if you go to the right base. Right now it's Fresno that needs staffing.

Just a small correction on PDX. It has been the same size in the 4 years I have been based there and the bottom half of the FO list is very junior.

sorry about the PDX fact, I have just always heard we're shrinking that base, but I was wrong. I think Jet times help getting the CRJ, or at least some type of 135 time. I was hired into the jet with no jet time or turbine time, but had 135 single pilot time and I told them I wanted ORD as a base, and ended up getting it. I think it also heavily depends on company need at the time of the class...sometimes it's just timing. Good luck, hopefully you get what you want.

For you Skywest Brasilla guys:
What are the trips like out of DEN or SLC? DO you travel out to California a bunch (2-4 day trips?) or do you stay close to base on 1 and 2 day trips. MONT/ID/ CO/UT flying?

How possible is it to get into SLC or DEN out of training? I just got hired into the Brasilla and I am trying to get some info on what bases I want to bid for.

Thanks

I'm not based in either of those places, but I'm pretty sure denver and slc stay in their own domain. Every once in a while, you'll see a stray slc crew in LA, but it's not too often. As far as the trips are concerned, SLC is a mix of 1, 2, 3, and 4 day trips. I think denver guys do mostly 1 and 2 day trips, but I could be completely wrong. I doubt you'll get either of them out of training, but miracles do happen. Most people end up in Fresno or Palm Springs for a couple months before they get to where they want to go (PDX and SAN excluded)

Latest resources

Back