SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dnkt

How many pilots are they going to hire in the up coming months? ORD still the junior base?

It looks like 150 or so more pilots before the end of the year. ORD is the junior base, but you'll probably get SLC out of class with all the growth there assuming you get the jet.

Scott

sstearns2 said:
It looks like 150 or so more pilots before the end of the year. ORD is the junior base, but you'll probably get SLC out of class with all the growth there assuming you get the jet.

Scott

At the MEM group interview we were told 350 by the end of the year and that the majority of growth would be out of ORD...and that they had some trouble keeping guys in Chicago. So take that for what it's worth. Their ORD DEN ops dir. (Bob I think) was there, so it would seem credible.

W

Yep, classes of 75 pilots every three weeks.

If you want to get into an E120 class as opposed to the jet is that possible? What are the Jr E120 bases? Thanks

Most new hires will goto the Brasilia unless you already have jet time. Jr. Brasilia base is Fresno. If you are top seniority in your class, you might be able to get DEN or SLC. Some were able to get SAN, SBA in a few months. PDX is shrinking and unreachable.

How long is the training on the jet in SLC? How long to hold captain on the jet (I have pior 121 and pushing 40 yrs old) in ORD?

If you get hired as a RJ FO can you upgrade to the 120 CA? thanks

Skeptic said:
How long is the training on the jet in SLC? How long to hold captain on the jet (I have pior 121 and pushing 40 yrs old) in ORD?

Training is about 2 months including sim. They're paying for it now, not sure how much but better than the handshake I was given. Been there about 1.5 years, and if I want to go to ORD it looks like I could upgrade in about 6 classes, which will probably be held by early next year, so about a 2 year upgrade as it stands right now if you're willing to commute. If you want to live in Chicago, SKW is obviously a great way to go.

Last edited:
Flyby1206 said:
If you get hired as a RJ FO can you upgrade to the 120 CA? thanks

sure, that stands at about 1.5 years right now. Just don't fail the upgrade or you'll be fired.

Latest resources

Back