• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long does it take to hear back from them about the interview outcome? I interviewed last week and there are already people from my group with postings on aviationinterviews.com and i didn't even get a FedEx or the letter..
I wish they told the applicants right over there if we made it or not. This waiting thing is killing me..

Thanks..

FlyingToIST said:
How long does it take to hear back from them about the interview outcome? I interviewed last week and there are already people from my group with postings on aviationinterviews.com and i didn't even get a FedEx or the letter..
I wish they told the applicants right over there if we made it or not. This waiting thing is killing me..

Thanks..

Check your PMs

Question....I am fortunate enough to already have a class date with one regional and an interview coming up at SkyWest...should I let Camille know at my interview,( if it goes well), that I need to know if i'm going to get a class so that I can opt out of my other class? Do any of you have any experience with this?

It is a great postion to be in...but SkyWest is my choice if I am successful and I want to be polite and professional to the other and give them plenty of notice so someone else can get my slot.

The class date is coming up soon after my interview...less than 2 weeks.

W

Yes tell her. Be honest. E120 Upgrade is less then a year and dropping. RJ is 2 years and will stay there for some time. Maybe a x-mas class will drop below the2 year mark! (no one wants to be in training during xmaa)

Denver Brasilia trips are very limited. We fly to Casper, WY, Rapid City, SD, Motrose, Grand Junction, and Durango. If you don't mind the limited flying, it is a good base and the crews are great.

We have mostly 4-day trips (commutable) and some 1 and 2-day trips sprinkled in there. Our overnights are Casper, Rapid City, and Motrose.

The advantage of flying the Bro out of DEN or SLC is that the legs are longer.
My longest day is a 6-legger and it's not too bad, especially for almost 7 hours of credit. Compare that to the 8-leg days that the FAT and PSP pilots fly out of LAX or SFO for 5 hours of pay. I must say, though, that the West Coast flying is way more scenic.

I hope this helps!

Baze

If you upgrade in FAT and just stay there, any chance of getting a line fairly soon? Thanks.!

Baze said:
We have mostly 4-day trips (commutable) and some 1 and 2-day trips sprinkled in there. Our overnights are Casper, Rapid City, and Motrose.

Baze

Told ya I didn't know what I was talking about......:pimp:

Jay79 said:
For you Skywest Brasilla guys:
What are the trips like out of DEN or SLC? DO you travel out to California a bunch (2-4 day trips?) or do you stay close to base on 1 and 2 day trips. MONT/ID/ CO/UT flying?

How possible is it to get into SLC or DEN out of training? I just got hired into the Brasilla and I am trying to get some info on what bases I want to bid for.

Thanks

Somebody already answered the first paragraph.

How possible to get SLC or DEN out of training on the prop? Not very likely, but you will get your desired base very quickly. My class of 20 started on 3-13-6, about a third of the class wanted one of these 2 bases, and everybody in the class [I think] has gotten to his/her desired base.

We're already over halfway up the prop FO list. Movement is very quick on the Brasilia compared to the jet. Now is the time to get on. Although classes are planned through roughly year-end, I wouldn't be surprised to see a hiring cool-down this winter. Feast or famine.

Does anybody know if Skywest has a training contract or if they make you resign your # at another carrier? (furloughed)....Thanks for the info

Latest resources

Back