• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They seem to be interviewing the gamut of times and experiences. In my interview there were two CFIs, there were mostly 135 and 121 guys/gals though. Times were 1000 to 4000+ of those who were hired.

Does anyone know if you passed the sim, CRM, and both writtens with a 87% and 85% but did bad on the tech. Would they omit any area or does the person have to whole thing over again. Thanks.

NWaviator says...

Does anyone know if you passed the sim, CRM, and both writtens with a 87% and 85% but did bad on the tech. Would they omit any area or does the person have to whole thing over again. Thanks.

Every step is either pass or fail. If you don't make it through even one, you are out. When and if you come back in 6 months for another try, you have to do everything again.

When I interviewed they told us that they gave you an overall average score based on all the different interview portions, but then they did send one guy home based solely on his performance in the sim eval. So I don't know.

I definately think if you made some mistakes, but didn't completely drop a turd, that you could redeem yourself elsewhere. The tech guy caught me off guard with an unexpected question and a tough approach plate. I struggled with some of it but didn't completely bong it. Aced the written tests and the sim, CRM there is no way to tell.

They sent two guys from my group home right away. One with no tie, short sleeve shirt and dockers (unbelievable), and one after his sim I believe. The rest of us (10) made it through the whole day, but they said only 7 of us were offered.

Good luck.

W

Thanks, I think I did drop a turd. Oh, well, I am looking forward to getting back into the interview again. This time I am going to be over prepared with turbine stuff. dang difuser. Only over 3 months left.

Dubya said:
They sent two guys from my group home right away. One with no tie, short sleeve shirt and dockers (unbelievable),
Yeah that is unbelievable - after all what idiot recruiter would hire such a person - oh yea - SouthWest, where they pay more than any other airline for 737 flying, have always been profitable and where they send you home if you show up with a tie.

SkyWest is a regional. Their name isn't on the side of their airplane and the SkyWest sticker as a big bump underneath it where it used to say ASA. If ASA conceedes and does the flying for less the bump will get a little deeper and it will say ASA on it again. Either way, nobody much cares.

Dockers and a golf shirt, sounds about right to me. An airline that pays what regionals do today should be embarassed, not by the fact that their applicants show up in business casual, but that they work two jobs to make ends meet, provide whipsaw for job security and PBS for QOL.

~~~^~~~ said:
Yeah that is unbelievable - after all what idiot recruiter would hire such a person - oh yea - SouthWest, where they pay more than any other airline for 737 flying, have always been profitable and where they send you home if you show up with a tie.

SkyWest is a regional. Their name isn't on the side of their airplane and the SkyWest sticker as a big bump underneath it where it used to say ASA. If ASA conceedes and does the flying for less the bump will get a little deeper and it will say ASA on it again. Either way, nobody much cares.

Dockers and a golf shirt, sounds about right to me. An airline that pays what regionals do today should be embarassed, not by the fact that their applicants show up in business casual, but that they work two jobs to make ends meet, provide whipsaw for job security and PBS for QOL.

Ok, we all know the Southwest deal...and they make it clear. Maybe I was raised differently but I went to the Air Force recruiter with a tie on when I was 19. I don't care what job you are applying for, if you are there then obviously you want the job, dress like it. If it is implied that they want you business casual, so be it.

W

Latest resources

Back