Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyNation said:
I've moved up almost 300 numbers in 2 years, and have about 800 or so below me

I'm confused. How can upgrade in the Bro be just over a year, but in 2 years you've only moved up 300 #s?

I could have upgraded in the Bro by now. is that what you mean?

as a newhire, I was in the 1800 #s. Now I'm in the 1500 #s, but the list has grown to 2300 or so.

make sense?

Flyby1206 said:
How many people do you guys lose each month to other jobs (CAL/SWA/FedEx)? I am just trying to gauge how long the rapid seniority movement will go since there arent that many (less than 10?) planes on order. Thanks.

there are more than that, they just haven't been posted on the web site yet. Best place for this info is the investor meetings/releases, not the SKW site.

Anyone know if you have your res. walked in/recommeded, if the interview is any different? Less intense or the same?

Buzo...
You are supposed to give up your number. The United guys were exempted from that though.

United and Skywest had a deal where the United furloughees didn't have to give up their number and started at 2nd year pay. Skywest payed them 1st. year pay and United payed the difference to equal 2nd. year pay. Also, if United called them back before 1 year, United had to pay Skywest an amount (unknown to everyone what that is) for the cost of their training. If the pilots just quit, United payed nothing nor did the furloughees have to pay anything.

GARFF said:
Anyone know if you have your res. walked in/recommeded, if the interview is any different? Less intense or the same?

Don't think so. I had two people walk mine in and I know several others. My interview was much tougher than my Eagle interview. Specifically the tech/oral portion. The rest was no big deal (written, sim, CRM).

Know this though...the interviewing captains were outstanding. Great experience.

W

Latest resources

Back