SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i fly boxes

What would happen to SkyWest if Delta went out of business? Same queston for ASA? I just want to hear your thoughts on this. Also, If Delta Merged with NWA, would they start flying for Northwest as well?

General Lee would have to get a job with Skywest or Mesa, but hes burned too many bridges at Skywest, he'd probably end up at payless Shoes

Skaff said:
General Lee would have to get a job with Skywest or Mesa, but hes burned too many bridges at Skywest, he'd probably end up at payless Shoes

Riiiiight. SkyWest would lose over half of it's feed, and then try to use the remaining RJs like Indy Air, and Southwest would be all over them. Jerry Atkin would be asking Ron Reber "Why did we buy ASA and use $400 million when we could have used that money as a cushion?" Ron would say "I thought we were INSULATED?" SkyWest would try to feed someone else, but only after taking huge losses and furloughing most of the pilots. The remaining pilots that weren't on the UAL side would offer to fly any plane up to 180 seats for Brasilia wages, but that still wouldn't help. Skaff would become a lav dumper at LAX, and he would see me in my EVA Cargo MD11.(plenty of INTL hiring with INTL experience or widebody experience) I would throw him a small water and say, "Hey, hurry up with the lavs, I need to lay an egg. And, while you're at it, use that FRESH PINE FOREST spray in there, I like it a lot."

A liquidation of Delta would really really hurt SkyWest (and ASA) and it would not last long because it has only 50 and 70 seaters. Most of the 50s would be parked immediately(on the DL side and all of ASA) SkyWest might be able to survive with just the UAL stuff (if DAL liquidated), but the rest would be shed quickly. A MAJOR downsizing would occur in that case. A DAL merger with NW would probably keep the same feed carriers at the hubs that remain, but the closing hubs (could be MEM and CVG) could cause some of the carriers to fight over new flying. The hub closings are just speculation, though. A whipsaw would result with a few of the carriers no doubt.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General,

You're a trip, Brother!

Skywest would not follow Indy's model. SKYW/ASA would take a huge hit, but there isn't one person in SGU that thought ACA's plan was good. Bad things for sure. LCC with a high cost fleet...no! The boy's in SGU are a little more cerebral than that.

Illinois said:
General,

You're a trip, Brother!

Skywest would not follow Indy's model. SKYW/ASA would take a huge hit, but there isn't one person in SGU that thought ACA's plan was good. Bad things for sure. LCC with a high cost fleet...no! The boy's in SGU are a little more cerebral than that.

So what would you do? Quickly ask someone else to feed them? That is ridiculous. You would have to beg, and many airlines have feed agreements in contract form.(can't just break those contracts!) You are dreaming if you think you can replace that much feed that quickly. Your management guys would have to scramble to think of something, and an Indy Air type model might fit for awhile (have to do something with those planes---lots of them), and then every LCC would pounce on you. You might want to hope DL doesn't liquidate. You have too many RJs.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ok General, we get it. Move along.

You hate SkyWest and you hope for our demise. Go read a book or something you pompous a$$.

FanSpinner said:
You hate SkyWest and you hope for our demise. Go read a book or something you pompous a$$.

That was your first post? Thanks for including me in it. I don't hate SkyWest, but I see a lot of things concerning their pilots that are interesting and how they think their poop don't stink. Feel free to bash Delta or the Delta pilots, I don't care. Go for it.

And I am a pompous a$$? You don't like it when someone says things you don't want to hear or when you can't debate it. You probably need to move to North Korea or Iran where censorship is IN. Good bye.

Thanks again for including me in your first post. Welcome to Flightinfo.com.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
SkyWest is a very smart company. Im sure that they were thinking when they secured all of ATL's gate space!! If someone else wanted to come into ATL they would need SkyWest and all there space!

Latest resources

Back