• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

joe_pilot

There be whales here!
I voted "No" and for DB. Anybody else?

WTH are you voting for, and with no union, WTF does it matter what you vote? They'll do what they want anyway, just bend over like a good boy.

WTH are you voting for, and with no union, WTF does it matter what you vote? They'll do what they want anyway, just bend over like a good boy.

Child, go watch TV or something.

Ouch, that really hurts! Did my time at ASA, moved on, don't really think the child thing fits. So again the question, WTH are you voting on, and WTF does it matter? Serious questions. Please though, feel free to attempt to make light of my questions, since you can't use the ALPA message boards to ask your fellow pilots directly.

I voted no. The company seems motivated to raise the first year pay for some reason (other than that it sucks). This may be the only time we have at least a little leverage.......

Just to recap, with a union, my vote counts. Your vote just kills a tree. But hey, hope the voting thing made you feel better!

Just to recap, with a union, my vote counts. Your vote just kills a tree. But hey, hope the voting thing made you feel better!

Actually, it's all done electronically, so we don't waste any paper, hence, no trees killed. Plus we do have a message board for our pilots so I guess we don't need the ALPA boards. I would guess he's asking since like ALPA boards, not everyone reads SAPA boards. And as debatable as our votes counting is when it comes to pay, they do count when we're electing the EB. And of course I'm sure that's debatable as to whether it matters who is there or not.

Ouch, that really hurts! Did my time at ASA, moved on, don't really think the child thing fits.
I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I just don't know what else to call people who claim to be adults, but fall under at least one of these definitions:

child–noun, plural chil·dren.

1. a person between birth and full growth; a boy or girl: books for children.

2. a son or daughter: All my children are married.

3. a childish person: He's such a child about money.

4. any person or thing regarded as the product or result of particular agencies, influences, etc.: Abstract art is a child of the 20th century.

5. a person regarded as conditioned or marked by a given circumstance, situation, etc.: a child of poverty; a child of famine.

I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, just telling you, like I would tell a young child that the adults are talking now, why don't you go watch TV or something.
So again the question, WTH are you voting on, and WTF does it matter? Serious questions.
Oh, so NOW you are asking serious questions, eh? Let me remind you of your original post, sir:
First of all, you know good and well that we do not have a union and any vote we have will not be binding in the sense that a union carrier would.

Second, you start your questions off with a condescending attitude, saying "WTH" and "WTF". Only a childish person would start a serious question with such incendiary comments.

Third, you insult me AND my pilot group by suggesting that I prepare for a mock sexual act by saying
just bend over like a good boy
Finally, in your response, you attempt to turn things around and claim that I am the one acting childish by me trying to make light of your inflammatory questions.
Please though, feel free to attempt to make light of my questions, since you can't use the ALPA message boards to ask your fellow pilots directly.
I did not and have not addressed your "questions" or anything else you have said for that matter. I have only addressed your actions and attitude.

As one of the 35% who voted for representation, but still likes it here and wants to keep working to make it better here, I say again to you.

Go away child.

Last edited:
I voted no. The company seems motivated to raise the first year pay for some reason (other than that it sucks). This may be the only time we have at least a little leverage.......

"leverage", we lost our leverage when the union was voted down. Im tired of hearing all of my dumb FOs complaining about the proposed 30 cent raise for 2nd year pay. They all say they deserve more for voting down the union. And they think that if they vote "no" another union drive will come along to get them more pay. Idiots. Six months ago was the time to complain, not now. According to the ALPA OC their wont be another drive for at least five years, more like ten with the amount of yes votes they got. Im voted yes and will enjoy my three percent raise. And remember your NO vote doesn't matter.

Ouch, that really hurts! Did my time at ASA, moved on, don't really think the child thing fits. So again the question, WTH are you voting on, and WTF does it matter? Serious questions. Please though, feel free to attempt to make light of my questions, since you can't use the ALPA message boards to ask your fellow pilots directly.
TOOL.

Latest resources

Back