Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Vote

"leverage", we lost our leverage when the union was voted down. Im tired of hearing all of my dumb FOs complaining about the proposed 30 cent raise for 2nd year pay. They all say they deserve more for voting down the union. And they think that if they vote "no" another union drive will come along to get them more pay. Idiots. Six months ago was the time to complain, not now. According to the ALPA OC their wont be another drive for at least five years, more like ten with the amount of yes votes they got. Im voted yes and will enjoy my three percent raise. And remember your NO vote doesn't matter.

DC,

Not saying that you are, but there are some dumb PIC's around as well, trust me. I heard some pretty strange arguments from the left seat about why we didn't need ALPA and now about how bad the pay proposal is. So I pretty much agree with your comments about the short term thinking and short term memory of some of our pilots.

I disagree with the vote, however. Not to bust your balls, but if, like you said, "our NO vote doesn't count", then why did you bother to vote? Probably because you figure that no matter what, they will give us the new scale. You are probably right about that part, but I still will not vote for something I think is wrong. No, I don't think it will change things down in SGU, but I do believe that we have to start somewhere.

If we voted down the new payscale 65%-35% with 95% of pilots voting, then maybe, just maybe we would send a message to CC. And if it doesn't, then at least I can sleep better. Again, not saying your vote was wrong, just saying that the idea that a vote doesn't matter doesn't sit well with me.

Besides, this is, for now at least, our ONLY method of saying anything. I for one am going to voice my opinion. I encourage everyone else to as well.

Well, I gotta go check the fuel door. ;) We're out in 10 minutes. Your leg?

And DC, where did you get that picture? Makes me want to smack it a few times.

Maybe.....

Maybe I fall into the "child" category as well...... But I think ksk has a durn good point.

Only three of you are discussing this vote and none of you will enlighten any of us on WHAT YOU ARE VOTING FOR!

Every good story needs a beginning, middle, and an end. You started in the middle, quite obviously, and have STILL not included any of us-your constant readers. You cannot possibly hope to inspire any sort of empathy around here without including us in an explanation of the most basic cause for your statements.

As for your attempt at an insult, and your sophomoric English lesson, you fell far short of the mark "joe-pilot." You appear to beguile yourself with delusions of grandeur. Certainly, any reasonable person could see that calling some one a "child" is somewhat weak in the tradition of insult.

You see, an insult requires a certain minimum level of wit..... Calling someone a "child" is not at all witty and may pass the notice of the "smart" people around here.

Hear virtual crickets chirping in the night? That is not the sound of uproarious laughter at the hilarity and obvious mastery of word and the sharpness of wit contained in your pathetic "child" barb, nor the following sad dictionary reference. Clearly this is a sound for a sad little man who is just not smart enough to simply e-mail the other three other interested parties here and spare the rest of us the torture of trying to understand the inane ramblings of some baboon who somehow figured out how to log on to FI.

-Please don't try insults anymore, joe-they are just too far beyond your capabilities.

Smack it!

And DC, where did you get that picture? Makes me want to smack it a few times.

And by "smack it" are we to assume you are manipulating the usual appendage? You know-the one that gets abused every time you have one too many wine coolers?

-P.S.-Insult Alert-offense intended..... Call me a "child" if you wish-I think we know who will win that little contest....

Does anyone else think this vote is crap? I would like to know what the acual vote numbers are when they are counted. Something that we could look at and say, ********************, this needs to be dealt with.

Maybe I fall into the "child" category as well...... But I think ksk has a durn good point.

Only three of you are discussing this vote and none of you will enlighten any of us on WHAT YOU ARE VOTING FOR!

Every good story needs a beginning, middle, and an end. You started in the middle, quite obviously, and have STILL not included any of us-your constant readers. You cannot possibly hope to inspire any sort of empathy around here without including us in an explanation of the most basic cause for your statements.

As for your attempt at an insult, and your sophomoric English lesson, you fell far short of the mark "joe-pilot." You appear to beguile yourself with delusions of grandeur. Certainly, any reasonable person could see that calling some one a "child" is somewhat weak in the tradition of insult.

You see, an insult requires a certain minimum level of wit..... Calling someone a "child" is not at all witty and may pass the notice of the "smart" people around here.

Hear virtual crickets chirping in the night? That is not the sound of uproarious laughter at the hilarity and obvious mastery of word and the sharpness of wit contained in your pathetic "child" barb, nor the following sad dictionary reference. Clearly this is a sound for a sad little man who is just not smart enough to simply e-mail the other three other interested parties here and spare the rest of us the torture of trying to understand the inane ramblings of some baboon who somehow figured out how to log on to FI.

-Please don't try insults anymore, joe-they are just too far beyond your capabilities.

J,

What you and ksk fail to understand is that I am not trying to insult anyone - just ignoring childish (see my previous post) comments from people who only wish to hear themselves talk or in this case, type. Discourse, even wildly heated, is always welcome. Spouting things off without reason or point are not.

…Inane ramblings of a baboon…
You call that an insult? I’m not convinced that even if I had been trying to insult anyone you would be able to recognize it, let alone judge it.

Something else that you in particular fail to understand is that I was not attempting to “tell a good story”. I was not attempting to “inspire any sort of empathy” from FI. The people who I am interesting in communicating with know precisely what I am talking about. Even ksk knows what I am talking about and I would be glad to discuss the matter with him or anyone else. In a reasonable manner, of course.

Let’s review:

You said I can’t tell a story – I wasn’t trying to.

You say I can’t get any sympathy from FI readers – I wasn’t trying to and certainly don’t need it.

Finally, you say I don’t know how to properly insult someone – I wasn’t trying to.

Re-read my posts and you’ll see that the only crickets chirping are the ones at this debate you tried to start so you could engage in some sort of grammatical pseudo-intellectual masturbation.

I just wanted to know how the vote is going.

You write well, bet you scored high on the SAT verbal. How’s that working out for you?

-JP

SAT verbal....

I scored well enough on the SAT vebal to see that you still have not illuminated your vast insternet audience as to what the hell you are voting on.....

Yes, it is working out well for me, to answer your question. I would never have been able to expose you for such a giant toolbag idiot if I were not much, much smarter than you!

-Reasonable?-You be the judge

Latest resources

Back