• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ouch, that really hurts! Did my time at ASA, moved on, don't really think the child thing fits. So again the question, WTH are you voting on, and WTF does it matter? Serious questions. Please though, feel free to attempt to make light of my questions, since you can't use the ALPA message boards to ask your fellow pilots directly.

Doesn't really seem like you care to have your questions answered. But glad you moved on and there's usually no skywest posts cause they have they're own forum to bitch on. Cheers

I scored well enough on the SAT vebal to see that you still have not illuminated your vast insternet audience as to what the hell you are voting on.....

Yes, it is working out well for me, to answer your question. I would never have been able to expose you for such a giant toolbag idiot if I were not much, much smarter than you!

-Reasonable?-You be the judge

I'm glad I give meaning to your life, J. What I mean is, other than providing a Non sequitur here on FI, how are things working out for you?

(Note: Should I mention your need for a spell check? Nah, it was an honest mistake on your part. Just a typo.)

Fly Safe.

-JP

The only vote that counts is JA's.

Funny, and sadly... True.

The only way to get anything more than what company accountants are willing to give is to be an organized labor group, they are trying to run a business and labor is one of the highest costs. I voted for ALPA but I don't think they are the best solution for Skywest. I think if SKW organized an in house union much like Southwest we would be much better off. We could use jetBlue as a model as they organize, whose management, like Skywest and Southwest, has a history of being proactive instead of confrontational.

"leverage", we lost our leverage when the union was voted down. Im tired of hearing all of my dumb FOs complaining about the proposed 30 cent raise for 2nd year pay. They all say they deserve more for voting down the union. And they think that if they vote "no" another union drive will come along to get them more pay. Idiots. Six months ago was the time to complain, not now. According to the ALPA OC their wont be another drive for at least five years, more like ten with the amount of yes votes they got. Im voted yes and will enjoy my three percent raise. And remember your NO vote doesn't matter.

The Chinese definition of insanity is to make the same mistakes over and over, expecting a different result every time.

The Chinese definition of insanity is to make the same mistakes over and over, expecting a different result every time.

Simply amazing.

A pilot group that won't vote for a union, will cast a vote which is completely meaningless.

Lame people.

Very lame.

I voted for the union. I also voted for the current sapa pres. (and fwiw M.N.) I also voted a big fat yes to this pay package. I did this not because I like it. I would have liked to see some QOL negotiated as well. It doesn't even do that much for my pay! (about a percent or so) I voted yes for the New-Hires. I also voted yes because it really doesn't do jack-sh$t for the guys in the 2-3 yr range. (Those who probably didn't vote alpa- the self centered ones!)

Enjoy your 40 bucks a mo. tools! The rising price of gas is gonna more than chew through that.

Something to think about Skywesties:

Compare your pay: If it's within 2% less per hour than the other top regionals, you're ahead of the game. Because you don't pay union dues, and you get profit sharing. Few, if any unionized regionals do get profit sharing.

Which ones do by the way?

In any case, my hat is off to you and your Mitt loving St. George management. For 2008 and beyond, you're the best coat-tailers in the nation!

Compare your pay: If it's within 2% less per hour than the other top regionals, you're ahead of the game. Because you don't pay union dues, and you get profit sharing. Few, if any unionized regionals do get profit sharing.

Which ones do by the way?

In any case, my hat is off to you and your Mitt loving St. George management. For 2008 and beyond, you're the best coat-tailers in the nation!

2% less than we make would be on par with us since ALPA dues are 1.95%, and thus 1.95% comes off the top.

And in light of that, basically, SkyWest management is pocketing the money you would be paying to the union. Chew on that.

Compare your pay: If it's within 2% less per hour than the other top regionals, you're ahead of the game. Because you don't pay union dues, and you get profit sharing.

OMG! But it's not A$$, it's not even close to within 2%.

Hope you all get a better turnout this time around. Maybee if there was free kool-aid for those that vote, it'd help.

AirKSK probably thinks he elects the President too.

Latest resources

Back