• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not really..... the big downward pressure came from ALPA carriers, including mainline carriers..... The Skywest pilots are some of the highest paid regional pilots out there.....

In fact, in 1998, we used Skywest pay to negotiate higher pay and workrules at ASA.....

Don't believe all the ALPA koolaid....

Like I said, you can make that argument. But what I'm saying is that with $750 million in the bank and making $150 million a year, they should be getting better pay and work rules than they currently have. That would mitigate the downward pressure. Currently they are not able to do that.

Like I said, you can make that argument. But what I'm saying is that with $750 million in the bank and making $150 million a year, they should be getting better pay and work rules than they currently have. That would mitigate the downward pressure. Currently they are not able to do that.

Inc. will probably be making more than $150,000,000.00 this year...

Last edited:

1. The downward pressure isn't coming from Skywest.....It is coming from ALPA carriers....

2. The more money Skywest Inc. makes, the more profit sharing and the more the company grows.... That is good for those of us who work here....Maybe not so much for everyone else.....

3. The "downward pressure" gets mitigated when ALPA comes up with "Brand Scope".... not by Skywest pilots joining ALPA......

1. The downward pressure isn't coming from Skywest.....It is coming from ALPA carriers....

2. The more money Skywest Inc. makes, the more profit sharing and the more the company grows.... That is good for those of us who work here....Maybe not so much for everyone else.....

3. The "downward pressure" gets mitigated when ALPA comes up with "Brand Scope".... not by Skywest pilots joining ALPA......

Once again, you can make the argument that other ALPA carriers put "downward pressure." What Im saying is that Skywest can help mitigate that but they currently are only able to vote for pay rates that are just below ASA's. Other ALPA cariers have profit sharing as well. You can have both profit sharing and an industry leading contract.

Once again, you can make the argument that other ALPA carriers put "downward pressure." What Im saying is that Skywest can help mitigate that but they currently are only able to vote for pay rates that are just below ASA's. Other ALPA cariers have profit sharing as well. You can have both profit sharing and an industry leading contract.

Without "brand scope", I don't want to "set the bar", or "be at the top", or be "the FDX of the regionals".... That will only result in us being the next XJT, ACA, CMR, ALG, or CCAir......

As it is, ASA and SKYW are near the top.... We don't need to push the envelope......

We need ALPA to act like a true union, and stop the whipsaw within a brand.... We need the mainline carriers to stop putting downward pressure on wages.....

I for one am not looking to be a "hero" in the regional fight..... Highest pay results in a target on the back.......

Without "brand scope", I don't want to "set the bar", or "be at the top", or be "the FDX of the regionals".... That will only result in us being the next XJT, ACA, CMR, ALG, or CCAir......

As it is, ASA and SKYW are near the top.... We don't need to push the envelope......

We need ALPA to act like a true union, and stop the whipsaw within a brand.... We need the mainline carriers to stop putting downward pressure on wages.....

I for one am not looking to be a "hero" in the regional fight..... Highest pay results in a target on the back.......

Are you suggesting then that the "brand scope" problem be fixed and then try to become the "hero?"

Latest resources

Back