• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirKSK probably thinks he elects the President too.

Aww, come on, just because your skywest opinion poll doesn't matter, don't kill my dream of hand selecting the next president!

The Skywest pilots voting on anything, reminds me of those old ladies in Iraq signing their votes for Hussein in blood.

The votes were meaningless in both cases.

But I do have some respect for the old ladies.

At least they had a gun to their heads.

As a group the Skywest pilots are just a bunch of shortsighted idiots.

Last edited:
I do wonder why we vote for a pay raise at SkyWest. I guess it's because of the RLA. I could see where a pay rate could be based upon experience as opposed to seniority, or some other method. Perhaps even based on individual one-on-one negotiations like in many other industries. I think the bottom line is that SkyWest pilots vote their approval of pay & QOL policies through their continued willingness to stay at SkyWest.

I voted yes for the New-Hires.

If you voted "no", the insanely low first year pay rates would most likely be raised significantly if Skywest couldn't fill new-hire classes.

There is a pilot shortage. I don't understand why pilot groups aren't using this to their advantage for better pay raises than a dollar here or there.

I guess you don't have any leverage without a union though.

I do wonder why we vote for a pay raise at SkyWest. I guess it's because of the RLA. I could see where a pay rate could be based upon experience as opposed to seniority, or some other method. Perhaps even based on individual one-on-one negotiations like in many other industries. I think the bottom line is that SkyWest pilots vote their approval of pay & QOL policies through their continued willingness to stay at SkyWest.
I voted no, I am hoping for a package that takes from the stupid 2nd year SIC types. My 77.00+ per hour need enhancment, and since we are "everyman for himself" I want a slice of stupiddans small pie, couple a bucks would be nice, he wont miss it!
PBR

The Skywest pilots voting on anything, reminds me of those old ladies in Iraq signing their votes for Hussein in blood.

The votes were meaningless in both cases.

But I do have some respect for the old ladies.

At least they had a gun to their heads.

As a group the Skywest pilots are just a bunch of shortsighted idiots.

...... nawww... the idiots are those of us who send 1.95% of our pay to Herndon and actually believe it gives us leverage in the portfolio whipsaw that Herndon actually helped create with management....

At least the SAPA extended the longevity to 20 years for the senior folks.....what did the senior folks at ASA get?

...... nawww... the idiots are those of us who send 1.95% of our pay to Herndon and actually believe it gives us leverage in the portfolio whipsaw that Herndon actually helped create with management....

At least the SAPA extended the longevity to 20 years for the senior folks.....what did the senior folks at ASA get?

I think the answer is : large retro/signing bonus checks, that we didn't get!!!

I think the answer is : large retro/signing bonus checks, that we didn't get!!!

....it didn't even make up for the lost wages if we had taken the CMR rates in 2002.....much less the lost 401k contributions....not to mention most of it was weighted towards time served during negotiations.....which means a 6 year captain got almost as much as an 18 year captain, even though the 18 year captain lost more during those years....

.....the senior folks got the shaft.....we are a minority and the minority always get's the shaft with ALPA.......

Edit: Gr82Aviate, I just realized you are a Skywest pilot (I think)..... the senior 700 captains, after 5+ years of negiations got a $1/hr raise, with no additional vacation. Horizon gets about $20/hr more for the 700.... The problem isn't whether or not you are ALPA/Teamsters/GDI.... it is about whether or not you are competing for the flying....

It wasn't Skywest rates that brought the 700 down...... It was our fellow ALPA brothers at Mesa, PCL, Mesaba, and Mainline that brought the "curve" down......

ALPA can regain credibility if it can stop the competition within a brand..... until then it is is just a bunch of empty chest-thumping.....

Joe
(14 year ALPA member)

Last edited:
....it didn't even make up for the lost wages if we had taken the CMR rates in 2002.....much less the lost 401k contributions....not to mention most of it was weighted towards time served during negotiations.....which means a 6 year captain got almost as much as an 18 year captain, even though the 18 year captain lost more during those years....

.....the senior folks got the shaft.....we are a minority and the minority always get's the shaft with ALPA.......

Edit: Gr82Aviate, I just realized you are a Skywest pilot (I think)..... the senior 700 captains, after 5+ years of negiations got a $1/hr raise, with no additional vacation. Horizon gets about $20/hr more for the 700.... The problem isn't whether or not you are ALPA/Teamsters/GDI.... it is about whether or not you are competing for the flying....

It wasn't Skywest rates that brought the 700 down...... It was our fellow ALPA brothers at Mesa, PCL, Mesaba, and Mainline that brought the "curve" down......

ALPA can regain credibility if it can stop the competition within a brand..... until then it is is just a bunch of empty chest-thumping.....

Joe
(14 year ALPA member)

If it makes you feel any better, we didn't get any addtional vacation either...and I'm pretty sure ASA is better in that department already anyway!

Latest resources

Back