• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest: Vote No and get more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As each day goes I am more for voting yes, then voting yes the next union drive. The more I look at the history of these "negotiations", if we vote it down, it will not change anything. The company can do what it chooses. If it means going to one list down the road or creating a REAL "SAPA" with skw/asa/xjt unions. As much as I want to vote no I just don't think it will do any good. Unity sucks and as a bro fo, we will never be thought of as an equal to a fo in the crj.

As each day goes I am more for voting yes, then voting yes the next union drive. The more I look at the history of these "negotiations", if we vote it down, it will not change anything. The company can do what it chooses. If it means going to one list down the road or creating a REAL "SAPA" with skw/asa/xjt unions. As much as I want to vote no I just don't think it will do any good. Unity sucks and as a bro fo, we will never be thought of as an equal to a fo in the crj.

Were you on property for the last ALPA vote? If so, how did you vote?

"Tell that to the guy who gets violated and has no representation. Or the guy who loses his medical and has no Aeromedical service. And on, and on...."

The company has Fliped the bill plenty when it comes to that stuff. If they did'nt and just turned there heads im sure you would have heard it on here along time running..

Tell that to the guy who gets violated and has no representation. Or the guy who loses his medical and has no Aeromedical service. And on, and on....

o?

I worked with a guy that was coming back from a medical leave, hit his head pretty bad in a surfing accident. Took a quite a while to get his medical back but used an aero medical guy that made it all happen. The doctor is also used often by ALPA.

SkyWest paid for the whole thing.

The guy had been here 9 months when it had happened.

SAPA will roll over, Jerry will scratch their tummies and say "good boys." Standard Briefing.

Historically though, the thing gets voted no, then mgmnt comes in with another lesser proposal, and then they say yes, because they are afraid mngmnt will just walk away and there be nothing left to vote on.

I vote "yes". This is until real representation steps in, for now this SAPA is all we have, and this is the best they can achieve. Trust me, this offer is a good one compared to previous proposals we have had before.

Historically though, the thing gets voted no, then mgmnt comes in with another lesser proposal, and then they say yes, because they are afraid mngmnt will just walk away and there be nothing left to vote on.

It's a little surprising to me that this is the pattern, and yet your pilot group still resists inviting real representation...or even ALPA, which would be a lot more than what you presently have.

I don't get it...what could you POSSIBLY stand to lose (except for the 2% dues, which are worth it just for the aeromedical, legal and insurance support)?

Another idea is mgmt wants us to go union to save them the money they spend on sapa each year. If they can divide the pilot group in the process the more power for them. I think they don't care if we go union, too bad we can't be a unified pilot group.

Latest resources

Back