• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest: Vote No and get more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps it's time for a real union that actually has leverage in negotiations. SAPA has none.

Perhaps it's time to have a union that really represents the regionals instead of the legacy's. Perhaphs it's time for some junior reserve FO not to give his food stamp level pay scale to to John Prater sitting on the beach slurping prime rib, sucking martini's, while PCL lathers his back in backwash suntan lotion in Hollywood FLA. Perhaps it's time to have ALPO national not pay ad hoc journalists $145K a year, to add an afternoon piece about Timmy Martin.

Or just go with a dinosaur?

At sometime, everybody dies. Today is ALPO............

Looking from the outside, could it be possible you guys (the pilot group) are underestimating your leverage? It seems that often the threat of a union is more powerful than a union itself. Now that union companies have been added to the mix of airlines under the Skywest organization I wonder if the company, should this offer be turned down, would come back with something more attractive to avoid the first union drive that may actually succeed.

What is there to lose?

Not much, most FO's will only see a bit less than $400 over the next year, for me about $1500. My family budgets as if I was on FO pay so $1500 will not be missed when this pay package is turned down. Even though I cannot vote yes, I will be surprised if we get much more next year, if anything.

The SAPA guys should be ashamed of themselves for letting this even go to a vote. Not only are we screwing ourselves, but we are being used to screw ASA/Expressjet.

There is a reason that this is being fast tracked. . . and its not generosity!

Looking from the outside, could it be possible you guys (the pilot group) are underestimating your leverage? It seems that often the threat of a union is more powerful than a union itself. Now that union companies have been added to the mix of airlines under the Skywest organization I wonder if the company, should this offer be turned down, would come back with something more attractive to avoid the first union drive that may actually succeed.

What is there to lose?
That dog don't hunt, SKYW is no longer afraid of regional pilots, union or not. The XJET guys got stared down on a huge part of their contract, F&H didn't even break a sweat. SKYW has effectively divided the pilot group.....again, CAs vs F/Os, senior vs junior, CRJ vs EMB, this pilot group isn't bright enough to recognize the obvious. Prepare to be mounted and cornholed with abandon.
PBR

Last edited:
The SAPA guys should be ashamed of themselves for letting this even go to a vote. Not only are we screwing ourselves, but we are being used to screw ASA/Expressjet.

There is a reason that this is being fast tracked. . . and its not generosity!

Not going to happen at ASA. Expressjet is more pro union than ASA is. If Inc. wants this thing to get together as fast as they do, then they will have to take the best of both contracts and live with it. That includes pay increases, but (hopefully) mostly QQL stuff. The best thing that SKY could do is vote this thing down. Whatever we get at the new ASA will be what you get within a year.

It seems that often the threat of a union is more powerful than a union itself.

Tell that to the guy who gets violated and has no representation. Or the guy who loses his medical and has no Aeromedical service. And on, and on....

The SAPA guys should be ashamed of themselves for letting this even go to a vote.

What choice do they have? The entire SAPA organization, such as it is, is funded by management. It isn't a separate entity. I'm sure the guys that hold SAPA office have the best of intentions and really want to make things better, but they have no power, and when management says "this is it, no more," what can they be expected to do?

Tell that to the guy who gets violated and has no representation. Or the guy who loses his medical and has no Aeromedical service. And on, and on....

I don't mean to come off as anti-union, I'm not, I was just wondering if their situation had more advantage than at first glance. After all, Delta seems downright terrified about their FA's and mechanics, scared enough to pay some serious legal coin for their suit.

Latest resources

Back