SkyWest: Vote No and get more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DCMartin

Almost everyone Ive spoke with is voting No. I don't see this POS passing. For those of you on the fence or possibly voting yes, think about this: if this thing doesn't pass (and its not gonna pass) by a slim margin, lets say by 5%. MGMT will sit on it for another year, start their little fear campaign, maybe sprinkle another .5% on and hope it barley passes. The pilot group will be split, they'll get their bonus.

So those who are voting Yes are costing yourselves and everyone else money. If we can shoot this thing down with a 90% NO vote, it will send a decisive message that unity is hopefully around the corner for this group. And hopefully we can get something meaningful out of these "negotiations."

A YES vote is a waste.

What makes you think that they will offer any more of a raise next year? If any at all....

SAPA failed big time by letting this go to the pilot group for a vote. By sending it for a vote, we are now left with the choice of voting for a piece of crap, or getting nothing. I'd rather they kept fighting for something respectable with the chance of getting nowhere, than sending us a package that is insulting. Good luck getting mgmt back to the table after it gets rejected....

What makes you think that they will offer any more of a raise next year? If any at all....

SAPA failed big time by letting this go to the pilot group for a vote. By sending it for a vote, we are now left with the choice of voting for a piece of crap, or getting nothing. I'd rather they kept fighting for something respectable with the chance of getting nowhere, than sending us a package that is insulting. Good luck getting mgmt back to the table after it gets rejected....

Those are my thoughts exactly! SAPA should have stayed at the table indefinately until something worthwhile was hammered out.

I agree that SAPA failed at the table. Im basing my assumption on History. The last time they offered the 1% it was shot down with a 78% No vote, They came back with more ...however it did take a while.
That being said, they may not give anything and may sit on it. But lets be realistic, this POS offer isnt much of anything.

None the FO's ive flown with are voting on this (obviously) and most of the CA's Ive spoken with are not. This is going back as a No, so you might as well do something meaningful. Voting Yes will only make it more painful and extend the time it takes to get something else.

And again, there's a reason management wants this quickly resolved...........

Whoop whoop.......lets at least wait until the first of the year.

What is the reason they want it done by October?

Throw us a bone.

Those are my thoughts exactly! SAPA should have stayed at the table indefinately until something worthwhile was hammered out.

What exactly is it that you think happens at the table between Jerry and SAPA?

Jerry: Here is my first, best and final offer.
SAPA: This sucks. Our pilots will hate it.
Jerry: I have to be on the golf course in 15 minutes. Take it or leave it.
SAPA: We'll take it, but our pilots will vote it down.
Jerry: Well, off to the links. C ya!

What exactly is it that you think happens at the table between Jerry and SAPA?

Jerry: Here is my first, best and final offer.
SAPA: This sucks. Our pilots will hate it.
Jerry: I have to be on the golf course in 15 minutes. Take it or leave it.
SAPA: We'll take it, but our pilots will vote it down.
Jerry: Well, off to the links. C ya!

replace golf course with houseboat and links with harley club and you are 100% correct...

Here's what will happen folks. This POS contract will fail and it will be back to negotiations but Skywest will drag their feet for a year and we'll end up getting more money eventually but no retro. Skywest is dangling a BS carrot by saying this contract will be effective Sept 1st if we vote it in now. Big freaking deal! But when the new deal passes in the 2nd round, Skywest will insist it be effective at a later date. So they give up more money eventually but they save millions over the year long drag out. We must insist on any contract to be effective Sept. 1 2010 as part any contract. There must be a penalty to the company for dragging their feet on getting us fair pay because they will drag it out.

Perhaps it's time for a real union that actually has leverage in negotiations. SAPA has none.

Latest resources

Back