• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to stop training???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The End of the year is always slow in training. We have so may crews time out we cant send any to training. SkyWest is to big to stop training, expect the upgrades to pick back up in Jan. NOV and DEC is FO's only we are 80 newhires short!!

This will be dressed up and put on the shelf by SkyWest management to illustrate a slow down in upgrades in an effort to scare people away from ALPA. This is something I hope the majority of SkyWest pilots can see through............

That may be true, but not the other way around.

You can not, not join the club and still be included.

So you admit that those of us in the "club" can still be excluded..... Does that not say that there may just be something wrong with the "club"?

Some of those not in the "club" are doing fine..... why should they join the "club"? Maybe we should fix the "club" and include everyone..... then more will want to join.....

Yep - here come the threats.

Even more reason to vote in ALPA. When ASA gets their contract done they will have job protections and reasons to grow ASA. SkyWest will not have anything and does not even have a seat at the negotiating table.

Time to join the club, or be excluded.

ASA is NEVER GOING TO GET A CONTRACT, EITHER IS PINNACLE, or TSA

Not with this NMB they're not. All of you who voted for Dubya can't complain one bit, though.

Sweptback,

In 1998, I sat in the NMB offices and listened to the Democratic NMB Chairwoman of the Clinton Democratic NMB tell us we wouldn't be released based on what we were asking for. Quit blaiming this on Bush.... I'm sorry you were misled about what is achievable under the RLA, but that isn't the fault of the evil Republicans.... That is a failure of the MEC to manage expectations.....

In 1998, the only reason we got what we did was because of the "work to rule" campaign.....

This will be dressed up and put on the shelf by SkyWest management to illustrate a slow down in upgrades in an effort to scare people away from ALPA. This is something I hope the majority of SkyWest pilots can see through............

Although I am an alpa supporter for skywest, I have to disagree with this statement. We generally slow training down toward the end of the year. Also, we do have an abundance of captians and are short on FO's. Just look at MKE. Plus, no more airplanes this year so far and most airlines will slow hiring down towards the end of year also.(I heard Southwest was shutting down till next year). Expect upgrades to pick back up next year.

How many right seats does an RJ have?

Or, are you staffing relief crews for ETOPS?

One.

Its just that our CA at SkyWest have been a lot more successful at getting on with the likes of FedEx, SouthWest, etc. But you already knew that.

"staffing relief crews for ETOPS?"

Was told the -900 can be easily made ETOPS compliant. Just have to borrow the jaws of life and wedge JA's wallet open to pay for the EO.
Don't know if it's true or not. Hope it's not.

Havent they always slowed down hiring during the winter months? I have seen this trend often during the last two years.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back