• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to stop training???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
last captain upgrade class for the RJ is the Oct. 8th class. rest of the classes for the year will be all FOs, because we're short on them. planning for 2008 will be finalized soon, and you can expect upgrades to run fast and furious to catch up with all the folks leaving for SWA, CAL, etc.

Sure - because it is so much more efficient to train all FO's (seat swapping, getting IP's for seat fillers) then training 100% upgrades.

Last edited:
Yep - here come the threats.

Even more reason to vote in ALPA. When ASA gets their contract done they will have job protections and reasons to grow ASA. SkyWest will not have anything and does not even have a seat at the negotiating table.

Time to join the club, or be excluded.

You can join the club and still be excluded.......

Sure - because it is so much more efficient to train all FO's (seat swapping, getting IP's for seat fillers) then training 100% upgrades.

FOs train with other FOs, no seat filling required.

How many right seats does an RJ have?

Or, are you staffing relief crews for ETOPS?
During training we frequently have FO/FO pairs where the NFP sits in the left seat. It's really not that complicated or uncommon. Does this idea really shatter your universe? Or are you just stirring the pot?

During training we frequently have FO/FO pairs where the NFP sits in the left seat. It's really not that complicated or uncommon. Does this idea really shatter your universe? Or are you just stirring the pot?

ASA does FO/FO pairs for newhires too. When I was a newhire I was paired with another FO because they ran out of upgrades to pair me with.

In fact, now all newhires are paired with FOs in initial training due to the short captain upgrade course.

I just heard that Skywest will stop all training in Nov. Does anyone know why? Some people had said it is because of Midwest being bought, or the union drive, and so one. We are definitely not caught up. Anyone?

We do not have anymore planes coming our way.......what i heard is the upgrades are slowing or almost done for the year...then after the new year.....attrition upgrades will come........unless of course....the Midwest option comes our way.........just rumors....no reliable source.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back