• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to stop training???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So after the slow down and probable pick up again next year, can one expect the upgrades on the jet to stay in the 18 month or so range? I am trying to gauge how long it will take to get out of MKE or ORD (since I keep hearing thats where I'll most likely end up to start) and get the base I want and how long till upgrade afterward. I know things change constantly, but a good base line extimate would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Midwest will announce if SkyWest is going to get up to 10 more CRJ's for the system by 9/10. I'm not going to dig for the press release but it's in there somewhere a few months back. If there are 10 more, they will be taken out of existing Delta/United service.

One.

Its just that our CA at SkyWest have been a lot more successful at getting on with the likes of FedEx, SouthWest, etc. But you already knew that.

What an obnoxious comment. "our captains are better than your captains". nice.

ASA hasn't seen any real growth in who knows how many years, and our upgrades are fast and furious right now. All based on attrition.

Club?

So you admit that those of us in the "club" can still be excluded..... Does that not say that there may just be something wrong with the "club"?

Some of those not in the "club" are doing fine..... why should they join the "club"? Maybe we should fix the "club" and include everyone..... then more will want to join.....

Which club is that? The "my DUI ruined my career, so now all I can do is come here and bad-mouth ALPA without actually admitting that I am just an RJDC clown" club.

Thanks for continually trying to screw us all!

RJDC is dead!
-Get over it!!!

One.

Its just that our CA at SkyWest have been a lot more successful at getting on with the likes of FedEx, SouthWest, etc. But you already knew that.
Nice try, but FedEx isn't hiring except for two or three positions in their Corporate Dept this year. At Delta, it is running about 6 to 1 in favor of ASA.

You are probably right about SouthWest. But if so many Captains are leaving, why isn't SkyWest training Captains?

I think SkyWest's best days are behind them. We will see. Maybe a little growth from MidWest, but Delta seems to be interested in Comair, Pinnacle and Republic/Chautauqua/Shuttle based on their recent deals.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back