Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Iflyamouse

Is it time for lunch yet?
SkyWest Airlines will take delivery of an additional eleven CRJ900s beginning in October of this year. We will add the aircraft at a rate of approximately two per month beginning in October, bringing our 900 fleet total to 17 by May 2007. While Delta will decide the market placement of the aircraft, we anticipate all 900s to be SLC-based, providing Connection flights in both SLC and ATL.

Source: Skywest Company Website Home Page

Con't

Posted By: Ron Reber -- Exec VP & COO -- HDQ [FONT=Verdana,Arial]Date Posted: Sep/15/2006 2:02 PM [/FONT] SkyWest Airlines will take delivery of an additional eleven CRJ900s beginning in October of this year. We will add the aircraft at a rate of approximately two per month beginning in October, bringing our 900 fleet total to 17 by May 2007. While Delta will decide the market placement of the aircraft, we anticipate all 900s to be SLC-based, providing Connection flights in both SLC and ATL.

These aircraft are truly ushering in a new era for our company and the regional industry. Limited ramp and air space, various scope clauses and escalating operational costs pose a real threat to short-haul regional flying and long term growth. Thankfully, the seat barriers placed on majors by scope cannot stand up to the realities and pressures of the marketplace. Our partners need the lift, and work will go to those who can deliver both quality and sound economics. As we look forward to this exciting new era, I commend our employees for accepting our challenges as opportunities, and continuing to deliver the exceptional SkyWest product.

Fly Safe,

Ron R.

Fast Forward 5 years later

SkyWest Airlines will take delivery of an additional eleven 767-300s beginning in October of this year. We will add the aircraft at a rate of approximately two per month beginning in October, bringing our 767 fleet total to 17 by May 2012. While Delta will decide the market placement of the aircraft, we anticipate all 767s to be SLC-based, providing Connection flights in both SLC and ATL.

These aircraft are truly ushering in a new era for our company and the regional industry. Limited ramp and air space, various scope clauses and escalating operational costs pose a real threat to short-haul regional flying and long term growth. Thankfully, the seat barriers placed on majors by scope cannot stand up to the realities and pressures of the marketplace. Our partners need the lift, and work will go to those who can deliver both quality and sound economics. As we look forward to this exciting new era, I commend our employees for accepting our challenges as opportunities, and continuing to deliver the exceptional SkyWest product.

-----

Remember, the days of getting paid to fly more for an aircraft with more seats are over. 767's for 50 seat pay. Sweet. This is totally how I dreamed it would be.

Jerry thinks he's smart. Giving all the new planes to Skywest to be flown through ATL. I don't think ASA OR Skywest pilots want that. There's going to be some major rumblings going on in the near future. His plan is going to backfire big time.

The expected carrot dangled in front of the Skywest Pilots with their upcoming union vote.

Honestly, if I was at Skywest, I would feel the temptation to remain union-free. You have to start to step back and look at the whole corporate structure. Skywest airlines is only half of the parent company. While it is the larger entity, it provides only half the revenue and profit. ASA provides more ASM's. Look at history. Look back to the 90's with Eagle. The truly only way to come out ahead in the long run is as one company working together, not against each other.

Let me ask each Skywest pilot if ASA management consulted them on their thoughts of integrating ASA pilots on to their seniority list? I bet they didn't. It should scare the hell out each of you that ASA Management is doing just that in our latest negotiations. Granted, their proposal was pretty poor, it should none the less put emphasis on the fact that until you vote in repesentation, you are completely at the whimes of management. You need a dog in this fight. Another fact is that the combined entity will be represented by ALPA. I know we have a few blowhard rebels, but they don't add up to a double digit percentage. So take our loyalist and yours, and we are talking 70+% in favor of ALPA. The family atmosphere was gone at Skywest 8,000 employees ago. It is simply too big now. Southwest is the most unionized, most successful airline. It can be done.

Jerry, Bryan, Ron, Brad, are you listening? While a union on your property might not be your desire, I bet that productivity that comes from happy, secure employees is. What is the current on-time performance at? Funny how we put that in the crapper since the day you came out asking for concessions and giving LeBreque a million bucks in stock.

What will the relationship between the pilots and SKW mgt be like after JA leaves/retires? Will a new CEO and mgt team, that is what new chiefs do, be as considerate to the SKW employees? Is that a chance you want to take?

this is fresh off the press. really.

The reason why SkyWest had to 'settle' for the 900's is because of the delays in the A380 program. the original plan was to acquire 14 A380's outfitted with 76 seats.

Latest resources

Back