SkyWest to receive more CRJ900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TOOL CRIB said:
Jerry thinks he's smart. Giving all the new planes to Skywest to be flown through ATL. I don't think ASA OR Skywest pilots want that. There's going to be some major rumblings going on in the near future. His plan is going to backfire big time.

I certainly don't want to take flying from ASA, but when it comes right down to it, Skywest used to own SLC and Skywests flying was reduced when ASA and Comair started flying into SLC. They got 70 seaters at the time, and they were put in SLC. I don't see much difference in Skywest getting 900's and having them put in ATL.

Skaff said:
I certainly don't want to take flying from ASA, but when it comes right down to it, Skywest used to own SLC and Skywests flying was reduced when ASA and Comair started flying into SLC. They got 70 seaters at the time, and they were put in SLC. I don't see much difference in Skywest getting 900's and having them put in ATL.

:mad:Maybe you forgot about the "LOAD" of flying that skywst was doing out of DFW. I dare say that it was atleast DOUBLE what we are doing in SLC. And NO...You should NOT be getting the 900's. You have one rate...that is hurting EVERYBODY. Not to mention that we should NOT be flying 900's AT ALL!!! We CANNOT get the pay we need for flying those aircraft! 900's should go back to mainline.

blackbox said:
the new 900s that they are recieving, are they 90 seaters? or a 70 seat 2 class configuration?? if they are 90 seats cue General Lee in 3,2,1.....

All are 70-ish seats per DAL scope (it's up to mainline to hang on to that).

General Lee said:
76 Seats----no more, no less. Will we eventually allow more seats to fill in towards the 90 allowed? I don't think so. We are still awaiting our 100 seater, and a 90 seater would delay that even further. In reality I can understand the fact that we could use some first class seats in our RJs, and those larger RJs can provide that to a point. Hopefully those extra 6 seats can pay for the larger plane and gas, and actually give Delta a profit and carry more pax to my awaiting 764 to London Gatwick. Hasta. And I hope you do get those wages up to 76 seat wages, whatever they are. Cause hey, at least you guys are profitable, since you don't have to pay the difference in high gas prices........

Bye Bye--General Lee

:rolleyes:General......what happened to the Capt upgrade on the 88? And I have to agree with everyone on here, WE DO NOT CARE what airplane you fly!

General Lee said:
Will we eventually allow more seats to fill in towards the 90 allowed? I don't think so.

Gee, where have I heard that before?

Gobi Gred said:
...You do know that SkyWest was profitable before fee for departure, right?
Yes, but really not so.

Before fee-for-departure SkyWest Airlines was barely profitable. Operating margins were a weak 2% and some years in the negative. As a result the company almost went 'inop'. Then came CAL, DAL and UAL then CAL again then ASA and then 12-18% OMs over the past 9 years.

Later...:cool:

Splert said:
Yes, but really not so.

Before fee-for-departure SkyWest Airlines was barely profitable. Operating margins were a weak 2% and some years in the negative. As a result the company almost went 'inop'. Then came CAL, DAL and UAL then CAL again then ASA and then 12-18% OMs over the past 9 years.

Later...:cool:

You have any proof or are you just making it up as you go?? SkyWest has been extremely profitable every year since J.A. took over, except for one year due to EMB start up costs. SkyWest operated indepenent of any major affiliation for about a decade and a half and then started its first with Western Airlines as Western Express...

Tomct said:
:rolleyes:General......what happened to the Capt upgrade on the 88? And I have to agree with everyone on here, WE DO NOT CARE what airplane you fly!

Look, just because I fly the Space Shuttle, doesn't mean I don't love you guys......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Gobi Gred said:
General, You do know that SkyWest was profitable before fee for departure, right?

And we made a HECK of a lot more money before we had RJs.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

SKYWRJGUY said:
General was much more interesting when he simply quoted others with no additional input. Suffering from what might be otherwise hypothesized as penis envy, he manages to point out his airplane by name in nearly every post--serves no purpose really. While I don't profess to speak for a majority of the pilots or JA, I cannot believe he thinks lobbing some 90s our way is an attempt to pacify the group--I think he knows were a bit fed up with the one-rate BS (among other items) and he (or BH) is simply unwilling to loosen his reigns a bit. I'd just assume fly the 50 for the 90 rate, since my margin is higher (seat:pay).

Penis envy you say? Hey, I have seniority and I fly what I can hold airplane wise. Why aren't you on the Brasilia? You could have such a better schedule doing Sun Valley naps instead of making more money on the CRJ..... Just do it, unless you have penis envy......riiiiiiiight. I'd write more but I have to go catch my 777 to TLV that leaves any minute. (nothing like double allnighters across the pond....)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back