• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hey beavis....

Microclimates said:
this is fresh off the press. really.

The reason why SkyWest had to 'settle' for the 900's is because of the delays in the A380 program. the original plan was to acquire 14 A380's outfitted with 76 seats.

Uhhhh....you said aquire....

But seriously....

Dont quit your day job!

Iflyamouse said:
SkyWest Airlines will take delivery of an additional eleven CRJ900s beginning in October of this year. We will add the aircraft at a rate of approximately two per month beginning in October, bringing our 900 fleet total to 17 by May 2007. While Delta will decide the market placement of the aircraft, we anticipate all 900s to be SLC-based, providing Connection flights in both SLC and ATL.

Source: Skywest Company Website Home Page

I could not find your source but, I found dis here...
Total aircraft in operating fleet

245 (All numbers include deliveries and retirements this calendar month)
Average age of fleet:
CRJ = 2.6 years Brasilia = 9.0 years Combined = 4.6 years
Embraer aircraft:

(62) Embraer 120 turboprops (12 DLC, 50 UAX)
Bombardier aircraft:

(123) CRJ200 aircraft (57 DLC, 66 UAX)
(57) CRJ700 aircraft (5 DLC, 52 UAX)
(3) CRJ900 aircraft (2 DLC)
Total aircraft orders:

Delta Connection: 3 firm CRJ-700 orders

As of 15 Sep 2006

the new 900s that they are recieving, are they 90 seaters? or a 70 seat 2 class configuration?? if they are 90 seats cue General Lee in 3,2,1.....

I posted this on another thread but it applies here also.

Two things to look for as signs of ASA's future:

1. JA gets rid of the clowns currently running ASA = We Have A Future.
2. Skywest creates a base in ATL = We Are History.

Originally Posted by ReportCanoa
I can't wait for the ASA Flica mandatory memo. HAAHAHAHA this airline is a joke.

Everytime I read his memos, it makes me sick to my stomach. So sick I can't work.
Anyone else feel their stomach rumbling?;)

blackbox said:
the new 900s that they are recieving, are they 90 seaters? or a 70 seat 2 class configuration?? if they are 90 seats cue General Lee in 3,2,1.....

76 Seats----no more, no less. Will we eventually allow more seats to fill in towards the 90 allowed? I don't think so. We are still awaiting our 100 seater, and a 90 seater would delay that even further. In reality I can understand the fact that we could use some first class seats in our RJs, and those larger RJs can provide that to a point. Hopefully those extra 6 seats can pay for the larger plane and gas, and actually give Delta a profit and carry more pax to my awaiting 764 to London Gatwick. Hasta. And I hope you do get those wages up to 76 seat wages, whatever they are. Cause hey, at least you guys are profitable, since you don't have to pay the difference in high gas prices........

Bye Bye--General Lee

General was much more interesting when he simply quoted others with no additional input. Suffering from what might be otherwise hypothesized as penis envy, he manages to point out his airplane by name in nearly every post--serves no purpose really. While I don't profess to speak for a majority of the pilots or JA, I cannot believe he thinks lobbing some 90s our way is an attempt to pacify the group--I think he knows were a bit fed up with the one-rate BS (among other items) and he (or BH) is simply unwilling to loosen his reigns a bit. I'd just assume fly the 50 for the 90 rate, since my margin is higher (seat:pay).

I hope you get some 787-2300's to bring pax to my awaiting CRJ-100.5 with Delta logo. It is complete with smelly lavatory and ghetto boarding process.

No Delay said:
I posted this on another thread but it applies here also.

Two things to look for as signs of ASA's future:

1. JA gets rid of the clowns currently running ASA = We Have A Future.
2. Skywest creates a base in ATL = We Are History.

No Delay,

You hit the nail on the head!

701EV

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back