Skywest to phase out ASA. Could this be true

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RocketDog said:
Unfortunately, SkyWest has already been down this road before and it worked beautifully for management. At that time, (1998) SkyWest bought WestAir's assets and left the pilots to fend for themselves on the streets. Of course, a large number of those pilots were re-hired at SkyWest, as new-hires. The net result was you had the exact same pilots flying the exact same airplanes, only they started over on the bottom of the seniority list, making new-hire wages.

Just a little difference between westair or whatever, never even heard of them and us, just a little. But if that is what makes you sleep better at night is thinking you are getting just ASA assets and then asking the pilots to start over again at the bottom of your seniority list, then sleep well my friends.

:rolleyes:Some of these people at Skywest are making some very stupid comments!

Jetplane...you may have something there! The skywest crews could be swung the other way, who knows. One thing is for sure, there will definately be a whipsaw unless skywest puts ALPA or some other union on property and get these lists merged!

Remember guys....it could happen to you just as easily as US!!!!

You SKW guys make yourselves sound like the biggest bunch of job-poaching whore$ I have ever heard. If it came to a vote, you would vote me out of my job in a heartbeat to get a couple more 70 seaters and get your 15 month upgrade. Meanwhile, I've been here 4 years, am nowhere near upgrade and will lose my house and most of my belongings if that happened!! GLAD TO BE ABOARD! With friends like you guys.............

I have to say that I was feeling pretty good about being part of the Skywest family until I started reading this thread. Do the majority of Skywest pilots want management to do away with ASA so they can get our planes and gates? I hope not. Please tell me that some of yall are glad that we're here and want to make the best of our situation!!!

ASAFO

Easy fellas......
I don't think anyone at SkyWest wants your jobs, planes, bases, anything. The folks at SkyWest simply don't want to go backwards. Hopefully, you can all move ahead. I hope ASA gets the contract they deserve, and that the SkyWest people end up with something similar. In order for this to happen, SkyWest is going to need to get a union, pronto.

rtmcfi said:
Easy fellas......
I don't think anyone at SkyWest wants your jobs, planes, bases, anything. The folks at SkyWest simply don't want to go backwards. Hopefully, you can all move ahead. I hope ASA gets the contract they deserve, and that the SkyWest people end up with something similar. In order for this to happen, SkyWest is going to need to get a union, pronto.

Not what I'm hearing.........All I hear is "I want mine" and the underlying glee that SKYW may take ASA's assets. 'Yea, me!!!!!!!! I'll upgrade in 1 year!!!! Sorry, but in my book, thats dispicable.

79%N1 said:
All I hear is "I want mine" ... 'Yea, me!!!!!!!! I'll upgrade in 1 year!!!! Sorry, but in my book, thats dispicable.

Welcome to today's world. It is not just the airlines or the regionals or even the "upgrade, upgrade, upgrade" myopia that nearly EVERY regional FO suffers from.

It is simply a reflection of the "gotta have it and gotta have it now...me, my, mine" attitude of GenX.

I have to say that I was feeling pretty good about being part of the Skywest family until I started reading this thread. Do the majority of Skywest pilots want management to do away with ASA so they can get our planes and gates? I hope not. Please tell me that some of yall are glad that we're here and want to make the best of our situation!!!

ASAFO

All yall are welcome at SkyWest, having flown with several members of the "family", I haven't met anyone that wants to take your jobs and steal from your plate. We are in the works to vote ALPA on the property and if it happens (I hope the hell it does) we can work more easily together. It doesn't have to be a blood bath nobody wants that. We all need to be level headed and think long term for EVERYONE. It's going to get worse before it gets better, but we can all make it better if we can become one. (That sounds kinda angelic I think I heard singing and saw the heavens open.) The point is the majority of us at SkyWest are level headed and see past the flame. We hope your pilot group feels the same. Give us a chance to do the right thing. If we don't you have every right to rape and pillage.
dmbfarmer
yes Im dumb and I farm, but that might be obvious to everyone else!

Ps I have a friend that works for ASA, will you help me find him? You can PM me if your willing. Thanks

Latest resources

Back