• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest to IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe, you are at a shrinking airline (or one that is being parted out), and your next assignment may be in Hanoi. Go enjoy that. People like you will be treated "very well" by your new hosts over there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Once again you show what a true d!ckwad you are!! I have said this to you dozens of times but you are a hugh jerk because you constantly come on here and wish for people to lose their jobs! What kind of human being are you? I have a family that exists off of my job flying Regional Jets feeding Delta's ATL hub with passengers to fly on mainline flights to other destinations. I'm so glad you hope I lose my job and end up at Wendy's. Nice, Sir. As for our flying skills, I challenge you to ride with me all day, and if I crash land or porpoise down the runway 1 time I will pay you $10,000 cash. Wanna take me up on it? I would love to chat in person with you on your spewing constant hate and vitriol towards honest, good people (and qualified, excellent pilots) just out earning an honest days living to feed their families. This is why I despise you more than anyone else I know of.

I think the danger here isn't Delta relaxing their scope to allow the regionals to fly more. The next logical move would be for all of the mainline carriers to establish pay rates for RJs that are waaaay below what is currently in the market.

This solves mainline's cost issues. The bone that the collective managements would throw to the senior folks at the top of the mainline lists would make them content to effectively sell out on a different kind of scope relaxation technique.

Scope relaxation technique: Another term for what the General has to do before his date... with RA.

The Aviation Fraternity

Wouldn't it be nice if we could stop comparing the size of our fuselage or the amount of money in our bank account, and remember what a glorious job this is compared to the drudgery of an 8 to 5 job. Getting up at crack-of-dawn early is never fun, but we see some beautiful sunrises that most people never see or appreciate. We see the lightning displays of thunderstorms from a perspective that our land-bound friends and neighbors just wouldn't believe. We see stars at night that groundlings haven't been able to see in decades because of light pollution. There is a real sense of satisfaction in landing safely again on a snow covered runway at the end of a low ILS. Cruising at night and seeing the lights of cities two states away, colorful sunsets, snow-peaked mountains, endless coastlines, distant islands, controllers with funny and/or foreign accents. We take for granted the different scenery and sheer variety of work we confront every day. It beats a bumper to bumper commute down the interstate every day; it beats taking work home and waking at night to write down notes for a project at work. Aviation is a fraternity, but most of us have forgotten it. That's too bad.

Now, those of you who wish may return to the pointless vanity of your empty lives and find self-fulfillment and satisfaction in bashing those who fly smaller planes and make less money. Others of you can bash the guys in bigger planes for apparently selling the rest of the industry down the river to defend their way of life and their standard of living for themselves and their families, and for trying to improve their lot in life.

I think I'm getting another scotch.

I think the danger here isn't Delta relaxing their scope to allow the regionals to fly more. The next logical move would be for all of the mainline carriers to establish pay rates for RJs that are waaaay below what is currently in the market.

This solves mainline's cost issues. The bone that the collective managements would throw to the senior folks at the top of the mainline lists would make them content to effectively sell out on a different kind of scope relaxation technique.

Scope relaxation technique: Another term for what the General has to do before his date... with RA.

BINGO!...This is what we can expect next from ALPA and the mainline carriers. They will undercut the regionals and agree to start over the longevity at year one to "recapture" this flying...We would be accused of "undercutting" if we did the same......

Wouldn't it be nice if we could stop comparing the size of our fuselage or the amount of money in our bank account, and remember what a glorious job this is compared to the drudgery of an 8 to 5 job. Getting up at crack-of-dawn early is never fun, but we see some beautiful sunrises that most people never see or appreciate. We see the lightning displays of thunderstorms from a perspective that our land-bound friends and neighbors just wouldn't believe. We see stars at night that groundlings haven't been able to see in decades because of light pollution. There is a real sense of satisfaction in landing safely again on a snow covered runway at the end of a low ILS. Cruising at night and seeing the lights of cities two states away, colorful sunsets, snow-peaked mountains, endless coastlines, distant islands, controllers with funny and/or foreign accents. We take for granted the different scenery and sheer variety of work we confront every day. It beats a bumper to bumper commute down the interstate every day; it beats taking work home and waking at night to write down notes for a project at work. Aviation is a fraternity, but most of us have forgotten it. That's too bad.

Now, those of you who wish may return to the pointless vanity of your empty lives and find self-fulfillment and satisfaction in bashing those who fly smaller planes and make less money. Others of you can bash the guys in bigger planes for apparently selling the rest of the industry down the river to defend their way of life and their standard of living for themselves and their families, and for trying to improve their lot in life.

I think I'm getting another scotch.

Very well said....Cheers!:beer:

Once again you show what a true d!ckwad you are!! I have said this to you dozens of times but you are a hugh jerk because you constantly come on here and wish for people to lose their jobs! What kind of human being are you? I have a family that exists off of my job flying Regional Jets feeding Delta's ATL hub with passengers to fly on mainline flights to other destinations. I'm so glad you hope I lose my job and end up at Wendy's. Nice, Sir. As for our flying skills, I challenge you to ride with me all day, and if I crash land or porpoise down the runway 1 time I will pay you $10,000 cash. Wanna take me up on it? I would love to chat in person with you on your spewing constant hate and vitriol towards honest, good people (and qualified, excellent pilots) just out earning an honest days living to feed their families. This is why I despise you more than anyone else I know of.

Does anyone else on here think this is funny? Come on dude, relax a tad. You are taking this WAY too seriously. This board is for entertainment and rumors. Also, I don't think I could ride with you all day 79%N1, I just don't want to go to Monroe and Dothan. And you would actually pay me ten grand if you porpoised? That is a lot of pressure. DAM SAM. You are serious. Hey, throttle back a bit and chillax! And, if you see a 6'4" skinny FO (I weigh about a buck forty) that looks like Lerch, that would be me watching you from the E Concourse. Keep that nose up and don't land with extra thrust!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sorry, that just won't happen. The remainder of the DL pilots (after 2000 Captains left with remaining pensions) and the addition of the NWA Cobras (will strike at anything) will mean a lot more backbone, and the willingness to bring back a lot of what Dalpa lost to the BK judge. Almost 85% of the current list has been affected by RJ proliferation, whether it be downgrades or just commuting on those tin cans. The ONLY way anything will be gained on YOUR side will be through another BK, and that really doesn't look like it will be the case. The economy will get better, most likely just in time for our next round of negotiations. (2012)

So, what does your crystal ball look like? Your Regionals will continue to shrink, and new FAA rules will make you more expensive to operate (no more naps or 8 leg days)---meaning further downsizing. The remainder will be forced to compete against each other for any remaining RJ feed. Further consolidation of the legacies will bring less opportunities, due to certain airlines having tougher scope (CAL's scope is better than United's for example)---not allowing you to grow. 50 seaters will litter Mohave and Kingman, and 70 seaters will probably go to cargo airlines after conversions. That leaves a few 76 seaters, and Joe Merchant will be one of the senior FOs on that equipment in the end, since no legacy will interview him due to his 5 DUI's, all thanks to his personal shrinkage and professional shrinkage.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Does anyone else on here think this is funny? Come on dude, relax a tad. You are taking this WAY too seriously. This board is for entertainment and rumors. Also, I don't think I could ride with you all day 79%N1, I just don't want to go to Monroe and Dothan. And you would actually pay me ten grand if you porpoised? That is a lot of pressure. DAM SAM. You are serious. Hey, throttle back a bit and chillax! And, if you see a 6'4" skinny FO (I weigh about a buck forty) that looks like Lerch, that would be me watching you from the E Concourse. Keep that nose up and don't land with extra thrust!

Bye Bye--General Lee

what makes you assume 79%N1 is a dude??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back