• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest to IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think anyone on here knows what they're talking about. I think though the best hint is to take a clue from what the aircraft manufacturers are presently building and plan on building.

In reality, nobody cares about what you say either..

Joe, you keep responding. But, soon you will be the one who is forgotten as your side of the industry dwindles. Goodnight JOE.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I don't think anyone on here knows what they're talking about. I think though the best hint is to take a clue from what the aircraft manufacturers are presently building and plan on building.

And watch which planes are being parked. If you think that scope clauses will go away and you will fly anything more than 76 seats, then you are dreaming. The only way to do that is through the BK process, and that isn't likely again anytime soon. Consolidation is on the way, and that means the stronger airline's scope clause will prevail, or the merger won't be successful (A la USAir), which isn't something any mangement team wants. RA wants to park another 50 50 seaters this year, and he is putting DC9s on current RJ routes to better compete with Airtran. If Bombardier is thinking about building a bigger RJ, it will very likely be flown by a mainline if it is over 76 seats. There is your hint and clue.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And watch which planes are being parked. If you think that scope clauses will go away and you will fly anything more than 76 seats, then you are dreaming..... If Bombardier is thinking about building a bigger RJ, it will very likely be flown by a mainline if it is over 76 seats. There is your hint and clue.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Remember the days when mainline guys said that regionals will never fly anything more than 50 seats? Your contract will be molested again and management will find another way to get around it.
Soon those regionals will be flying 100+ seats.

Remember the days when mainline guys said that regionals will never fly anything more than 50 seats? Your contract will be molested again and management will find another way to get around it.
Soon those regionals will be flying 100+ seats.

That must have been back in the 1950s, since I recall ASA and RIO flying Dash-7s for DL, and I think they had 50 seats? Regardless, the contract will be enforced, and your 100 seat wet dreams will evaporate along with 50 seat jobs, leaving you and other Empty Nipple 200 hour wonders to search for other jobs you are willing to do for almost free.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Man, I'm getting to this thread late but;

Cool story bro!

That must have been back in the 1950s, since I recall ASA and RIO flying Dash-7s for DL, and I think they had 50 seats? Regardless, the contract will be enforced, and your 100 seat wet dreams will evaporate along with 50 seat jobs, leaving you and other Empty Nipple 200 hour wonders to search for other jobs you are willing to do for almost free.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wow, you're really that clueless, arent you?
Which side of 121 flying has increased over the last 15 years and which has shrunk? The regionals are going put you mainline strokes out of a job.
Not to mention your contract that has seem to fail you over the years. The regionals have been doing the majority of your flying for you. You really are delusional to think you're going to put the 50 seaters out of jobs.

Wow, you're really that clueless, arent you?
Which side of 121 flying has increased over the last 15 years and which has shrunk? The regionals are going put you mainline strokes out of a job.

Looks like you haven't seen what has happened in the last couple years. You must not read anything from RJ "expert" Mike Boyd, who states 50 seaters are all tin cans, waiting to get recycled. DL parked 100 50 seaters last year, and expects to do 50 or so more this year. The days of the RJ are over, and the larger ones are getting replaced RIGHT NOW---Diesel 9s will start replacing larger RJs (all headed for Vietnam) on flights to GRR, FNT, MKE, and CLT. ASA used to be an exclusive regional feed for DL (owned by DL), but now some of their 50 seaters are at United. Did you even know that? How do you explain that? It's a start, and you better start putting your head in the present, and not the past. The Dalpa contract was dismantled a bit in BK, but since the DL pilots have gotten a new Joint Contract with the NWA pilots, and it will only get stronger as DL gets stronger due to the merger.

You seem to be in a time warp. 15 years ago you were still feeding off of your step Mom's milk makers, and is it true you were 7 years old too? That is nasty!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
You must not read anything from RJ "expert" Mike Boyd

Stop right there, General.

Mike Boyd is the biggest Captain Obvious in this entire industry...and that's saying A LOT. All Boyd says (especially regarding RJs and their economics) is stuff that anybody with a basic calculator and simple math skills can already figure out...and he derives his "analysis" solely from casual observation and 1st grade arithmetic.

In short, he's not an "expert" of anything other than self-promotion...and one should give his industry analysis as much thought as the Consumer Reports' review of the Isuzu Trooper.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back