• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to buy Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They will wait till Mon so Mesaba doesn't have 400+ sick calls over the 4th. They could anyway after all the silence and bad vibes. Shut it down and let all the funny underwear have all the flying. Then the "WIVES" are happy!!!!! 15 years at MSA and the magic underwear pilots (skywest they know what it means)) have treated us the ********************tiest. Fock SLC and Jeffers lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
And this thread perfectly highlights why anyone young enough at the regionals should be working as hard as possible to bail out to a LCC/major/legacy so they can fly for an airline that does not feed someone else.

I can't count how many CAs I fly with who are "holding out" for someone "better" than JetBlue or Airtran. Wake up people, you are flying for a Delta Connection carrier on a 50 seat Regional Jet. Our RJ is already on the verge of being un-economical, if not passed it. On top of that, there are several hundred too many RJs as is. To top that off, there are almost a dozen regional carriers that in some way fly for Delta. Do the math. Your future at a place like Airtran or Jetblue is FAR more safer than at your current Delta Connection carrier. And the sooner you are able to bail out, the better off you'll be.

My friend at Mesaba who's on the MEC just called me and told me he and the others were called for a 6:30am conference call. Why so suddenly and so early?

drumroll please................ hear eeee hear eeee, hear eeee, having been weighed and measured, Mesaba Airlines you have been found...........

Several reasons. The pilots are under a collective bargaining agreement. If what I am hearing comes down several airlines' scope language will come into play.

The fact ALPA was not brought in earlier does not suggest a transaction favorable to labor. At the same time, Jerry Atkin typically promotes labor peace, despite his loathing for ALPA. News perceived as good news is usually announced Monday. Bad news comes out on Fridays so managers are not bothered with talking about things they find unpleasant.

Good luck to all involved.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back