• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to buy Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the flow is written into the sale if the airline is sold. The only way the flow doesnt go along with the sale is if its negotiated away which i dont see happening.

Its been rumored for a long time that DALPA wants to have flowthrough agreements in place with all DCI carriers so as the regionals consolidate (more to come imho) than that may just happen.

Well add the 76 seat jets up and CPS, Freedom, and Republic and then subtract them from 153 (current limit.) What do you get? :D

Now look in the DAL PWA and see what the number allowed is if the flows become unavailable. Little too close for comfort?

The other thing to think about is all the Mesaba 900's flying out of SLC. If you think Inc is going to bring ASA/Mesaba merged pilots out to do that flying you are crazy. Those airframes would just go to Skywest. I have been hearing about this happening for months.

You don't have to tell me. I know Skywest doesn't want anyone else flying out of SLC. Skywest managed to get Comair out of here and had to buy ASA and send them back to ATL. I wonder if all along Delta intentionally put Mesaba in SLC and is forcing Skywest to buy Mesaba like they did with ASA. Jerry Atkin told us years ago in a newsletter that he didn't really want ASA but it was a necessary thing to maintain it's edge (monopoly, right?) with the Delta Connection flying.

BTW, Jerry once said he was very skeptical about ASA's future when they were bought (he just wanted their assets) but he now says ASA has been great for Inc.

So what happend to Anderson saying he wanted to bring more of the connection flying IN HOUSE not sell it to an already dominant sized Skywest Inc. Delta would potentially be setting up the next Republic airlines doing that. Someone that would have the money to become a stand alone and start competing against Delta. Not a smart move.

Think of it this way. More flying for a change to the FFD agreements to include some risk sharing. Republic agreeing to exit the DCI portfolio with no penalties for said jets.

As far as flow goes we don't need it or want it. During the last round of Delta hiring nearly a third of the pilots given jobs were from ASa.

That's between Big Daddy D and the State of MN, not whoever buys Mesaba.

Plus they promised X many jobs in Minnesota. If we keep flying out of MSP, all those jobs still count. Get it?

I don't like this idea either but getting mad at the other carrier's pilots doesn't make it go away. Just because it doesn't make sense to you and me doesn't mean it won't happen either. This is a screwed up industry.

I believe that the DCI offices are up there as well.

the announcement is that Delta will merge Mesaba with Delta to relief the scope clause and buy 100 new 100 seat aircraft. it will be a date of hire intergration with 25% of the CA seats on the 777 set aside for former Avro captains and union members who negotiated the 04' contract.................... Riddle me this, how is it a carrier who is wholly owned by another could offer to buy a carrier-thsi rumor is bull-I like how it morphed into skywest buying XJ-priceless

The announcement is that MAIR holdings is now a hedge fund and has already bought Delta-Mesaba pilots has scope with MAIR so Delta's flying is now going to belong to Mesaba. Thats right you heard it hear first. See we can all make crap up

the announcement is that Delta will merge Mesaba with Delta to relief the scope clause and buy 100 new 100 seat aircraft. it will be a date of hire intergration with 25% of the CA seats on the 777 set aside for former Avro captains and union members who negotiated the 04' contract.................... Riddle me this, how is it a carrier who is wholly owned by another could offer to buy a carrier-thsi rumor is bull-I like how it morphed into skywest buying XJ-priceless

Not sure what you mean there but just play along.

BTW, Jerry once said he was very skeptical about ASA's future when they were bought (he just wanted their assets) but he now says ASA has been great for Inc.

But I have also heard him say since then that if INC were to buy another airline again that it would be assets only. The ASA thing worked out in the end but it was a HUGE headache. Not saying its right. But I have heard him say this.

But I have also heard him say since then that if INC were to buy another airline again that it would be assets only. The ASA thing worked out in the end but it was a HUGE headache. Not saying its right. But I have heard him say this.

He only said that about buying another regional. Jerry has been looking at buying a LLC like a Jetblue or an Airtran, operating it as a separate carrier of course and feeding for it.

Latest resources

Back