• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest to buy Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You don't have to tell me. I know Skywest doesn't want anyone else flying out of SLC. Skywest managed to get Comair out of here and had to buy ASA and send them back to ATL. I wonder if all along Delta intentionally put Mesaba in SLC and is forcing Skywest to buy Mesaba like they did with ASA. Jerry Atkin told us years ago in a newsletter that he didn't really want ASA but it was a necessary thing to maintain it's edge (monopoly, right?) with the Delta Connection flying.

BTW, Jerry once said he was very skeptical about ASA's future when they were bought (he just wanted their assets) but he now says ASA has been great for Inc.
Jerry's a good negotiator. When engaged with Delta in a staring contest, Delta blinked first because they desperately needed the cash.

ASA doubled SKYW revenue and gave them a future revenue stream. Jerry wanted ASA and he is a very good player at high stakes poker.

Is it possible PNCL purchased Mesa? They have some big meeting today
More likely a part of Mesaba, or Compass. Everyone is focused on SkyWest, but there may be multiple payers and PNCL has an excellent relationship with the f-NWA managers who run Delta.

Latest resources

Back