Skywest to Aspen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
<smacking head>

I knew about the "one way" thing there....definitely a case of "information not used". Thanks for reminding me!

I do remember the old AWAC 146 pilots I flew with talking about how much they hated the balked procedure, even in the BAC-jet.

Walter.. the windshear training there sucks.. I wasn't in any way calling out your flying skills when I said the V1 cut was easy.. :)

cale
Dude, I'm a desk jockey...no offense taken (especially considering the fact that my flying skills are non-existent).

Sounds like those SKW pilots have more "experience" than mainline pilots flying between LAX and JFK..........

Bye Bye---General Lee

Sounds like those SKW pilots have more "experience" than mainline pilots flying between LAX and JFK..........

Bye Bye---General Lee

You bet! Those SKW pilots are the best in the industry....in fact 9 out of 10 of them beat Thunderbird pilots in dogfighting....in the E120!

I seent it!

ONCE AGIAN!! The problem.

You must think about the radius of a turn. The faster the speed, in this case V2, the larger the radius...the larger the radius the greater the chance of hitting the rocks. That's part of the reason the Dash8's and Avro's were better aircraft in there. Low v2 speeds small radius. CR7's E-jets...lots of swept back wing need lot's of V2 speed.

In the CRJ 700 any Descent below MDA and past SENOW, LOC DME 15, requires the Emergency Extraction Procedure. It's not really that bad, it's that it just have all the clear way allowances of a normal missed approach. Single engine and 2 engine extractions are flown at V2, both left turns to a heading of 275 degrees (in the bowl), the single engine at 25 degrees of bank, the 2 engine at 28 degrees.

I helped with the test flying of the procedures and did a balked close to the runway, simulated single engine with the remaining engine at only climb thrust, to approximate heavier aircraft performance. Went over to far end chair lift about 100' agl, and over the town about 700' agl at times, suprised it didn't end up on YouTube.

Also landed twice on 33, not a great idea, it was cut from the program.

I know some of you will call BS, but the program has worked well.....

skywest proud? dork!

the only thing funnier than a tongue in cheek reference meant to reference an oft held stereotype, is having to explain it to a dumb-ass tool.

it's called SARCASM-DEWSH!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back