Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest takes profits from Pilots hardwork and buys airline in Brazil.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm really confused Rez. How does investing 5 mil take away anybody's job. Last I checked SkyWest doesn't have a crew domicile in Brazil. If SkyWest did would you be senior enough to bid it? Would you bid it?

Lastly, 5 mil would barely cover a few old Bro's plus spares so I don't think there's any danger of SkyWest shipping their assets to Brazil.

Pure troll bait. Nice try though.

Then why didn't/couldn't they stop these corporations from being formed? Or were these somehow good business decisions?

Regardless what they did, my point was that it was probably more than what Skywest pilots could've done to prevent it IF they wanted to prevent it. Being good business decisions doesn't mean its good for pilots. The attempted buyout of XJT by SKW is a perfect example of that. And guess what? The XJT pilots stopped that one!

Last edited:
Regardless what they did, my point was that it was probably more than what Skywest pilots could've done to prevent it IF they wanted to prevent it. Being good business decisions doesn't mean its good for pilots. The attempted buyout of XJT by SKW is a perfect example of that. And guess what? The XJT pilots stopped that one!

Skywest buying xjt would have been the best thing for you guys. Ask ASA. Nothing but good things have happened since SKW bought them.

It wasn't the BoD that did that?

They turned down the first offer. There were negotiations afterward between the BOD and SKW. Then the BOD told SKW they had reached a point in their negotiations in which they needed to negotiate with the XJT MEC if they wanted to maintain their contingency of relief of scope and removal of the Holding Letter. In reality, SKW could've pulled the trigger without letting the XJT pilots have a say if they would have taken them with their contract as is.

Latest resources

Back