Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rightrudder said:
skyward posted:

You at XJet are in no position to throw stones at Skywest pilots, or anyone else for that matter. Your past TA's have never set an industry standard, they have been at the bottom end. Not to mention the ugly PFT your company had for so long. Skywest's new TA pays far better than your current one. It also pays better than every other regional except Comair.

You'd be very lucky to achieve Skywest's pay rates in your new contract, whenever that happens.

Sorry your wrong. The XJT contract was negotiated in 97-98. And at the time it took a 2 year ATR captain from 25/HR to 45/HR. FO went from 16/hr to 25/hr. So you are grossly incorrect. As a pilot group XJT has only had 2 contracts.

And you know what? WE VOTERD ONE TA DOWN. Have you?

Not to get into a pissing contest but $45 a hour for ATR CPT is not bad but our 2nd year EMB120 captains make $46. Everybody needs to stop yelling at each other. We will not see 70 seaters here at Skywest until summer of 2005 so we will only have a few months at the low pay scale. It is only for 18 months, a lot can happen in 18 months. Everybody just needs to settle down and remember this industry is all about luck, not anything about skill or my RJ is better then your RJ. We all fly airplanes planes, have the same ratings and gripes, and hope to make six figures and work less then half the month.

Keep the blue side up.

catIIIc said:
It is only for 18 months, a lot can happen in 18 months.

you're right.. within 18 months, your management can make you believe that any increases in pay will destroy further growth.. and you'll probably believe them.. again...

"It is only for 18 months,...".

cattIIIc,
That is a very nieve statement. Your management got you!! Good luck to you.

Not that it matters, but here's the breakdown............763 (53.8%) voted for, 451(31.8%) voted against, and I love this part 204 (14.4%) didn't vote!!!!!!!! What the fuk over????!?!?!?!? You people that didn't vote................. oh, never mind.

I forget who said that it doesn't matter, we won't have the 70 seaters 'til the summer of 2005, read the release again. It says we will have 30 of them by the summer of 2005. That's a big difference. What's more important, in the short term, is when will we start taking deliveries!!????

One other thing.........those of you that think we need a union pronto...................why do I want to get locked into this POS for any longer than we already are?

I'm too #$%%#$$ pissed right now to go on.....................where's the beer?

AF

one of the 451

Last edited:
The only thing that comes to mind at this point is

"Father forgive them for they know not what they do."

rightrudder said:
skyward posted:

You at XJet are in no position to throw stones at Skywest pilots, or anyone else for that matter. Your past TA's have never set an industry standard, they have been at the bottom end. Not to mention the ugly PFT your company had for so long. Skywest's new TA pays far better than your current one. It also pays better than every other regional except Comair.

You'd be very lucky to achieve Skywest's pay rates in your new contract, whenever that happens.

First of all, while Xjet's current contract is sh*t, it was for many years one of the best amongst us burgoning regionals. It was not until Comair and Air Willy's new deals came along that are contract became inferior. Since Skywest pilots are at the willingness of management to keep pay even with their peers, you should thank those all of us who have worked to improve from the days where FO pay was 13/hour.

We inked our deal based on 97/98, which was far different time in this industry then 00/01. For you to compare the two is ignorance for what has been going on in the last few years. PFT has nothing to do with this arguement, so don't even bring it up. As McPickle has said our current rates we're drastic improvements over what the company offered in the beginning. FUNNY HOW SAYING NO CHANGES NEGOTIATIONS! Come talk to me after our new TA is signed then we'll see who's the lucky one.

Anyways, I will not let my contract expectations be detered by those spineless individuals that have taken concessions when there companies do not require them. The fact is your pilot group saw the growth carrot and basically dry humped it, a pathetic demonstration of stupidity towards this profession. To those of you who said no, I thank you, but I feel for you since a very bad precedent has been set with this deal. The rest of you are stupid and naive if you think in 18 months you will get new rates on the 70 seaters. Man that Utah Koolaid! Must be better then a cold one after a 14 hour duty day.

Bet you just can't wait to get your hands on that cool shiny 70 seat jet. Holy cow, they'll be two FA's, that's two times the chances of getting lucky! Who cares if I'm not being paid for the added revenue seat miles my labor is generating, I mean the thing can go right up to FL410!

While I agree with what you wrote, do not overlook that SkyWest was not the first to rush to unneeded concessions.

It was Air Wisconsin that first gutted the best regional contract in the business, with the advice of none other than the ALPA. Additionally, ACA has a TA on the table, which is also being recommended by their ALPA National advisers and their MEC, which passed it unanimously.

I think the SkyWest pilots have made a very bad mistake, but they are certainly not alone in doing so.

you're right, they're not alone in doing so.. unfortunately, they just added themselves to the list of those who failed at a chance to stop the insanity and be leaders among their peers.

Latest resources

Back