• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest TA passes...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyWest leading the way to the bottom! Thanks a lot guys, you really showed some balls on this one. I guess when management say’s jump you ask how high. Now I really understand the corporate culture you all cherish so much. Mesa, Air Wisconsin, SkyWest, ACA (maybe) companies making money and pilots taking concessions makes perfect cense to me. I don’t understand the mindset!! :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Here is a fact. By not voting in a union or even sending in enough cards to conduct an election, this pilot group has effectively said, "we trust management to do the right thing, treat us fairly, and pay us what's right." Until the SkyWest pilots get a union and a legally binding contract, we're along for the ride. Scary, huh?

Last edited:
No Russ, I can't be silent

I may be long winded but it looks like my rationale has proven to be correct, at least in this case. So was General Lee's. Congratulations on your new deal with United.

Now, isn't it interesting that within hours of the closing of your vote, which you were told was the key to getting a deal with UAL, SkyWest has gone public with it's new deal. Do you suppose they counted your votes, began and finshed negotiations with UAL, all between midnight last night and 0700 this moring? I don't think so.

Folks the SKYW/UAL deal was a done deal long before you voted and, just as I said, was obviously NOT dependent on your concessions. You have been suckered into making unnecessary concessions to get a deal that your Company already had, but simply did not announce until after the voting.

What you've done to yourselves is bad enough, but what you've done to the rest of us really sucks. Sorry to say it but ignorance is really bliss.

Thanks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

What he said!

Time for us to print some ICN bag routing tags. If you Skywest guys take a dump in one of our bases you had better take your bags in the crapper with you. Otherwise you can start looking for your luggage in Seoul, ROK.

For everyone else, just put the tag on the bag, put the bag on the ramp and one of the efficient rampers will pick it up and get it on its way! :cool:

Not that I would do such a thing, but I'm happy to encourage others to harass you alter ego skalawags.

However, kudos to you for keeping jets for jobs off the property and getting more 70's out from under ALPA's arbitrary "natural dividing line." It had nothing to do with your contract - you guys just screwed yourself, and us too, with that deal.

~~~^~~~

Last edited:
Professionalism please, people.

Remember: 451 pilots voted no...

Kingairkiddo,

I know the 70 seaters at Skywest will not be flying the Delta side, rather the United side.

I am not going to continue to rub the salt in your wounds, but I am just dissapointed. I just have a feeling this will start a new trend in the regional business.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Originally posted by skootertrash

Q. What do MESA and SKYWEST have in common.

A. apparently NOTHING

I would say apparently a lot. Both are happily undercutting the rest of us. In SkyWest’s case it seems to have been done out of shear ignorance, they where getting the plane’s no matter what. Now they are just going to fly them for cheaper than everyone else.

Originally posted by Rogue5

Professionalism please, people.

You wouldn't have to plead for professionalism from others if your pliot group wouldn't have just f@cked us all. If SkyWest pilots want to be treated like professional pilots you need to ack like professionals. For god sakes get a union on property, have management lead you around by the nose is embarrassing for the rest of us to watch!

KingAirKiddo said:
Actually, I don't think they'll actually be able to fly larger airplanes for less money due to Delta scope. My understanding is that they simply froze their pay rates for 18 months without any work rule changes...seems relatively benign when compared with what ACA and AWAC have against them.

I've certainly been wrong before, though...

KingAirKiddo, et al,

I don't want to give you (or other young pilots) a hard time and I'm not picking on you personally. I'm just using what you said as an opportunity to try to make a point. Please, at least try to learn from this and hopefully in the future you can avoid repeating the same mistakes.

The ONLY people that believe that the Delta PWA can prevent SkyWest from operating larger aircraft for UAL is a few misinformed and mostly junior Delta pilots. United's scope will govern SkyWest operations for UAL, not Delta scope.

The fact that you think they "simply froze their pay rates for 18 months" further demonstrates your naivete and theirs. SkyWest is a non-union airline. Even if they had a union, especially the union that you have, it will take years for them to change the pay structure for their 70-seat aircraft. Years, not 18 months.

Sure they'll get some increases on the 50-seat rates to which they have agreed, but that's it. This agreement locks in that single rate for up to 99 seats, for the foreseable future. It will take a lot more than wishful thinking to undo it. If this agreement is an indication of the quality of leadership available to SkyWest pilots (and it is). that "lot more" just isn't there.

Additionally, it will not only shaft the SKYW, ARW and ACA pilots, it will also shaft the pilots of every airline that already operates this equipment and undermine the negotiations at Mesaba, COEX, ASA and CHQ.

This mornings early announcement of the UAL/SKYW "new deal" makes it patently clear or should, that the "passing" of this TA had absolutely nothing to do with "saving the UAL deal." They've been duped totally, fooled completely.

The only sad part of all this is the fact that the other two UAX feeders have (ARW), and I predict will (ACA), be suckered in to concessions by their management AND their "union" as well.

The fact is that these concessionary agreements at ARW, SKYW, and I predict ACA to come, are being voted into existence by inexperienced junior pilots who know a whole lot about very little and won't listen to the advise of the experienced members of their groups, or are burdened by uniformed senior pilots whose apathy is reflected in their decision making.

You're all so busy dreaming about your future major airline job, which isn't going to happen for a very long time, that you're wearing blindfolds, while simultaneously contributing to a down slide in compensation that will make your "dream job" little different from the one you have right now.

The level of folly, particularly among regional pilot leaders, is incredible and operates as if the industry had no history. Most ironic is that officials of your national union, all of whom know better, are actually recommending these unnecessary agreements to union members. One wonders as to what their agenda might be.

I can forgive the inexperience of our youg folks rather easily and I do, but there is no excuse for what those who have a responsibility to represent and who should know better are doing.

I give up on the senior dummies, but I appeal to you and other young people in the early years of your careers, to educate yourselves on the inner workings of the industry that you have chosen, relinquish apathy, get involved with your pilot group and at least attempt to maintain if not improve the profession you've chosen. There's a lot more to this than airplane driving at work, a uniform that impresses some chicks and video games and TV off duty.

You don't owe me anything, but you sure owe yourselves a whole lot better than what is happening now.

Best wishes.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back