SkyWest TA passes...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJet Boy,

Yeah, we should really vote a union on property. I see that your union has done great things for YOUR pilot group. How long have you had guys on furlough? How many mainline pilots push you DOWN YOUR OWN SENIORITY LIST every month?

skyward posted:
I would say apparently a lot. Both are happily undercutting the rest of us. In SkyWest’s case it seems to have been done out of shear ignorance, they where getting the plane’s no matter what. Now they are just going to fly them for cheaper than everyone else.

You at XJet are in no position to throw stones at Skywest pilots, or anyone else for that matter. Your past TA's have never set an industry standard, they have been at the bottom end. Not to mention the ugly PFT your company had for so long. Skywest's new TA pays far better than your current one. It also pays better than every other regional except Comair.

You'd be very lucky to achieve Skywest's pay rates in your new contract, whenever that happens.

Surplus1 is correct. But, I don't think everyone voted for it, and I bet my prediction on the "voting pie" was correct. I predicted that most of the FO's would vote for it because they wanted immediate upgrades which would boost their current FO pay to Capt pay. Junior Capt's might vote YES to increase the number of lines and enhance their lifestyles. And my prediction of mid to senior level Capt's voting NO was pretty close---with 470 or so NO votes. Management knew this all along. Delta tried that with past contract negotiations----they would offer a little higher pay to aircraft types with more pilots, and lower for the others. They thought that would sway the vote.

I wonder if this TA will eventually affect the new Jetblue rates on the EMB-190? It probably will.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

~~~^~~~ said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

What he said!

Time for us to print some ICN bag routing tags. If you Skywest guys take a dump in one of our bases you had better take your bags in the crapper with you. Otherwise you can start looking for your luggage in Seoul, ROK.

~~~

You must work for ASA. In that case I would like to ad congrats for having ONE OF THE WORST ON TIME PERFORMACE for airlines. And for all the other airlines going through an ASA run base PUT YOUR BAGS IN THE A/C EVERY TIME because has the ASA is the ground crew without a clue!!!

Hey, I don't like our contract either but let's not stoop to low shall we. As I understand it you guys are getting a pay raise so QUIT WHINING!!!

Looks like CHQ's attempt to get a decent contract just took a huge hit.

I don't like facing the pointy end of a cannon alone, but I'm a Texan and my forebears did it at the Alamo and San Jacinto.

This industry SUCKS....

ASA can't even get the bags from DFW to ICT let alone to the bag cart for icn. Remember you now come into SLC. Our rampers are pretty darn good at misplacing bags. Sometime its intentional, sometimes not.

Nope, we the 400 plus who voted no are not happy. It could be a good thing in the long run however. The timing of the UA announcement shows that deal was already completed. Many voted for the contract thinking we were doing so to keep UA flying. Management would have been advised to wait a spell before announcing the UA deal. Many I imagine feel the same sense of betrayel I do. In 18 months the best we can hope for is a token raise. Perhaps then people will realize we need a union.

I think your pilots were ill informed. Did your pilots have informational sessions presented by the pilots? or were the sessions just presented by management? ALPA may not be the greatest when it comes to representing regionals, but they are a necessary evil. Every regional needs a strong in house leadership amongest its pilot group. I give kudos to the Comair MEC for rallying us together and keeping us informed. I know a lot of pilots, more so from Delta, do not like JC Lawson, but he definetly does the job we elected him for. Its time for you Skywest pilots to get a union. The downward spiral continues.....ACA its your turn.

Skyward said:
I would say apparently a lot. Both are happily undercutting the rest of us. In SkyWest’s case it seems to have been done out of shear ignorance, they where getting the plane’s no matter what. Now they are just going to fly them for cheaper than everyone else.

You wouldn't have to plead for professionalism from others if your pliot group wouldn't have just f@cked us all. If SkyWest pilots want to be treated like professional pilots you need to ack like professionals. For god sakes get a union on property, have management lead you around by the nose is embarrassing for the rest of us to watch!

DUDE i totally screwed that post up!!!!!!!! what I meant was they have EVERYTHING IN COMMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something I just thought of.

WHO COUNTS THE BALLOTS?

They seemed sure enough that the contract was going to pass to sign the UAL deal. Wonder how?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back