• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest & Southwest again.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not sure an E170 class airplane would happen. IF (big if) SWA were to codeshare with a regional it would be strictly to smaller markets. SWA can make a profit in places like LBB and HRL (Hi General Lee) using a 737. If we're talking markets even smaller, would an E170 be viable? Gary K. is way too smart to sign a legacy style fee for departure deal, so the regional partner would have to be able to service those markets efficiently. SWA is big on frequency, so I doubt you'd see just 1 or 2 flights a day. May be a challenge to do profitably for any regional.

Flag on the play

WN= not a flag carrier
OO= flag carrier

The deal is to fly to Mexican/Carribean destinations.

W

Are you joking? You really think it was just a typo? Creating a new verb. You sir are a dork!

I hold in my hand (well, lap) Vol. 6, Issue 5 of SkyWest Headlines, which contains the article entitled, "We Love LA!... We Luv it!" After a fourth reading of said article, I can honestly say that I think it was either a typo, or a poor choice of intentional misspellings by the author. SkyWest may have been in negotiations with Southwest at one time, but this article has nothing to do with that.

Let me ask you this question; If SkyWest did have something a-brewin' with WN, do you honestly think they would allow the VP of InFlight to leak it out by obliquely referring to it in a company newsletter? Got any other conspiracy theories for me? Do you know who shot JFK?

Here's another verb for ya: outdork, as in you've really got me outdorked if you believe any of this unsubstantiated rumor.

-Goose

Last edited:
If SWA was going to get involved with a regional then Skywest would be it. Why wouldn't they want to be partners with the best, strongest airline in the free world??

If SWA was going to get involved with a regional then Skywest would be it. Why wouldn't they want to be partners with the best, strongest airline in the free world??

Skywest also feeds our competition. Why would SWA get involved with someone who hurts our bottom line with their other business

Skywest also feeds our competition. Why would SWA get involved with someone who hurts our bottom line with their other business

Um that happens all the time. Not saying this would ever happen (I highly doubt it) but I don't think this would be the reason it didn't. Who WOULD SWA get involved with? Are there any regionals who don't feed the competition?

Um that happens all the time. Not saying this would ever happen (I highly doubt it) but I don't think this would be the reason it didn't. Who WOULD SWA get involved with? Are there any regionals who don't feed the competition?

I think Horizon only feeds Alaska...is that true?

I think Horizon only feeds Alaska...is that true?

And Comair presently only feeds Delta, and Eagle only feeds American.

I think Horizon used to feed Frontier as well, but I that's now done by Lynx, which is a Frontier subsidiary. Notice a pattern here?

-Goose

Latest resources

Back