• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Skywest & Southwest again.....

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
Last edited:

aerobat21

Total Time
SkyWest Headlines Newspaper. Sept/Oct issue
Page 5, "We Love LA!...We Luv It!"

Yes. SkyW was going to to fly 112 EMB 190's for Southwest. But not now. Thanks to you cracking the secret code the deal is off. Thanks a lot D-bag.

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
Total Time
time?
SWA is going to see their hedges go away little by little. Makes sense they start looking for a regional feeder or start buying smaller a/c for their routes. Skywest is a company ready for growth, but who knows.

Goose Egg

Big Jens
Total Time
3k-ish
If you had read the whole article, you wouldn't have read anything into it.

-Goose

Headfake14

646 3A
Total Time
10000+
The only way SWA will aquire another carrier will be in a fire sale. NO WAY will they merge employee groups. They hold their culture too dearly.

It will NEVER happen. IF it does, ready yourselves to re-interview to keep you job.

WalterSobchak

Am I wrong?
Total Time
40+/wk
The only way SWA will aquire another carrier will be in a fire sale. NO WAY will they merge employee groups. They hold their culture too dearly.

It will NEVER happen. IF it does, ready yourselves to re-interview to keep you job.
No one is talking about an acquisition. We're talking "regional feed". It's been a rumour longer than I've been here. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility...but not likely either.

Cpt Oveur put it best in his post above.

CF34-3B1

Total Time
Gary K. is way too smart to ever, EVER try outsourcing SWA flying to RJs. Being the brilliant bean counter that he is, he understands that there is far more to the equation than just the numbers.

If there is ever any RJ flying for SWA, it will be strictly limited to small markets SWA would never otherwise serve. The codeshare will never be anything like the mass outsourcing that happened at the legacies.

East Bumblebee, Idaho to SEA maybe. LAX to SEA, never ever ever.

Klr2land

Total Time
Never Say Never in the Business

Gary K. is way too smart to ever, EVER try outsourcing SWA flying to RJs. Being the brilliant bean counter that he is, he understands that there is far more to the equation than just the numbers.

If there is ever any RJ flying for SWA, it will be strictly limited to small markets SWA would never otherwise serve. The codeshare will never be anything like the mass outsourcing that happened at the legacies.

East Bumblebee, Idaho to SEA maybe. LAX to SEA, never ever ever.

You just contradicted yourself.

flyboyzz1

Total Time
#
I think that was all that was ever going to happen...that and maybe some Mexican stuff

GuppyWN

Total Time
I would say my WN brothers might have a little wishful thinking. I think if Gary Kelly thinks he can get a RJ feed going that will A) make the company money and B) do it without destroying the moral he'll do it in a NY minute.

Can you say Denver?

Gup

Jon Rivoli

I am the Devil.
Total Time
The only reason WN would contract out any flying is because they have a contract with Boeing which stipulates that they will only fly Boeing aircraft and Boeing doesn't make an airplane in the 76 to 100 seat range.

Goose Egg

Big Jens
Total Time
3k-ish
You guys, I'm pretty sure that this was just a typo, and not meant to suggest anything about OO and WN. Threads like this one make me think that we need to create a new verb in the English language: flightinfoed, as in "This was flightinfoed way out of proportion."

-Goose