• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest & Southwest again.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only way SWA will aquire another carrier will be in a fire sale. NO WAY will they merge employee groups. They hold their culture too dearly.

It will NEVER happen. IF it does, ready yourselves to re-interview to keep you job.
No one is talking about an acquisition. We're talking "regional feed". It's been a rumour longer than I've been here. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility...but not likely either.

Cpt Oveur put it best in his post above.

Gary K. is way too smart to ever, EVER try outsourcing SWA flying to RJs. Being the brilliant bean counter that he is, he understands that there is far more to the equation than just the numbers.

If there is ever any RJ flying for SWA, it will be strictly limited to small markets SWA would never otherwise serve. The codeshare will never be anything like the mass outsourcing that happened at the legacies.

East Bumblebee, Idaho to SEA maybe. LAX to SEA, never ever ever.

Never Say Never in the Business

Gary K. is way too smart to ever, EVER try outsourcing SWA flying to RJs. Being the brilliant bean counter that he is, he understands that there is far more to the equation than just the numbers.

If there is ever any RJ flying for SWA, it will be strictly limited to small markets SWA would never otherwise serve. The codeshare will never be anything like the mass outsourcing that happened at the legacies.

East Bumblebee, Idaho to SEA maybe. LAX to SEA, never ever ever.

You just contradicted yourself.

I would say my WN brothers might have a little wishful thinking. I think if Gary Kelly thinks he can get a RJ feed going that will A) make the company money and B) do it without destroying the moral he'll do it in a NY minute.

Can you say Denver?

Gup

The only reason WN would contract out any flying is because they have a contract with Boeing which stipulates that they will only fly Boeing aircraft and Boeing doesn't make an airplane in the 76 to 100 seat range.

You guys, I'm pretty sure that this was just a typo, and not meant to suggest anything about OO and WN. Threads like this one make me think that we need to create a new verb in the English language: flightinfoed, as in "This was flightinfoed way out of proportion."

-Goose

Latest resources

Back