• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest & Southwest again.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys, I'm pretty sure that this was just a typo, and not meant to suggest anything about OO and WN. Threads like this one make me think that we need to create a new verb in the English language: flightinfoed, as in "This was flightinfoed way out of proportion."

-Goose

Are you joking? You really think it was just a typo? Creating a new verb. You sir are a dork!

it was close to happening before oil shot up. now that it's coming down again, hmmmmmmm

it was close to happening before oil shot up. now that it's coming down again, hmmmmmmm

A little birdie told me that the contract was already signed with stipulations. Southwest gets a chance to hedge at 90 or less..........game on?

W

There are only three places I've really heard any OO/WN talk in any kind of detail: OO jumpseats, WN jumpseats, and FlightInfo. So, you can take any and all of this however you wish.

That said, I think there COULD be something to this. What little I've heard from other sources beyond other pilots/DXers involves the E-175/-190 and the CRJ-1000 (two aircraft types that are bound to make pilots on both sides cringe).

I can see customer/PR reasons for wanting the E-Jets...they look similar to the 737, therefore less likely to put-off fickle pax who are used to seeing WN paint on aircraft with engines under the wings. For us, it sounds stupid...but for John Q. Pax, that perception is a big thing.

The synergies (I do hate that word) are there for a successful codeshare...the most successful/financially stable major pairing up with the most successful/financially stable regional...
Can you say Denver?

Gup
I dunno, man...as long as there is a United hub in DEN, I'm not sure they would allow it. However, now that the exclusivity deal UAL had in place with SKW at LAX is over and done with, I could see some LAX to lower density markets, as well as LAS/DAL/BWI feed. MDW could work if the aircraft were CRJ's (at least, initially) because, technically, you already have a ton of crews in Chicago...they would just have to hitch a ride on the Orange line instead of the Blue to get to work.

Who knows...this business throws better curveballs than Bert Blyleven ever did.

Last edited:
I thought Lufthansa was the launch customer for the C-series.

I have no doubt that SWA has researched the viability of regional feed over the past few years. There are a lot of additional markets they could serve, giving them additional ways to stick it to the competition. SWA execs have allegedly been on the property of multiple regionals for "talks", but to date nothing has materialized for anyone. When you see it in a press release, then you can believe it.

I agree with the posts above saying that the 170/175 would be a good fit for SWA. In terms of appearance and comfort, it would be an acceptable airframe. Of course, that in no way means only RAH would be in the running should SWA want regionals. Any company can buy into the Embraer line. But, RAH does have a lot of options for delivery over the next few years...

They have to get a B scale at southwest somehow. More wonderful news for the regional guys. I wonder if it will be depressing flying to FWA at 64?

Latest resources

Back