• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest sim, required if I fly the RJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
During an interview, I was once asked if my coworkers would describe me as a professional. Next time I interview I will watch where I walk before entering the building. My cowboy boots got dirt all over the interviewers desk just before he asked that. Bro told me to get my feet off his desk and at that point i realized i wouldn't be working there in the future. Just try and have fun with the sim! Life is too short to get too stressed out over it. Should you blow it....think of all the extra threads on flight info you can then be a part of. Such as:

"blew the sim at eagle"
"anyone interview at _______?"
"got the rejection letter today"
"should I get sim prep?"

utahpilot said:
pretty funny. I asked in all seriousness, and added that I have ONLY 600 121 time. reason I ask is because I read on this board in the past that 1000 of 121 and you don't have to do it. seems like there is still some confusion.

thanks anyway
Nobody is picking on you personally tight ass...but...600 from 1,000 is still 400.

I'm not confused...my family could be taking flight on an airline that they paid money to ride on...and here we got a pilot that flew for 6 months as a second in command at some regional, that's afraid to take a sim eval for his next job? Hmmmm?

FN FAL said:
Nobody is picking on you personally tight ass...but...600 from 1,000 is still 400.

I'm not confused...my family could be taking flight on an airline that they paid money to ride on...and here we got a pilot that flew for 6 months as a second in command at some regional, that's afraid to take a sim eval for his next job? Hmmmm?
You are bitter aren't you? Why not lighten up a bit? He just asked a question and I don't recal him saying he is afraid of the sim ride.............

I didn't have to do the sim, I had 2500 sic 121, and my tech interview was 4 1/2 hours, yes just my tech not the sim, cog test or written, they even brought in a pitcher of water because it was taken so long.

Sucks to sim

Don't worry bro. I hate fricking sim rides too. It makes little sense to me on how they can really figure out if your a crack pilot on that POS ATC810.

I've got like over 3000 total time, over 1000 in the beech 1900, no time at all with auto pilot, with whole lot of approaches hand flown to mins.....and i would be dreading the sim too!!!!! The sim is just the devil, and ozzy osborne isn't there to hold your hand while you do it. Look at all the people at airtran that do the sim prep before they go interview! They have like 2 and three times the time i do. The sim is just the devil. What if they make you do a hold?

My advice, FWIW

I had alot of 121 (both PIC and SIC) when interviewed/hired at SKW. I had to do the sim ride also. I hadn't flown but 10hrs in 14 months but the sim went smooth. I did about an hour of sim prep at the FBO.

Tech and H/R interview was about 40 minutes for the both. I believe I had the shortest for the day. My advice, it doesn't matter what kind of time you have, I would plan on doing the sim ride. If you are weak in one area they may make you do the sim even though you weren't supposed to. Just be prepared if you want the job.

I have to go pour out my Kool-aid and yell at scheduling now, best of luck!

Not that I'm a super sim pilot, but I really don't think the ATC 810 is a tough sim to fly. It's more stable than some of the other sims I've flown. I believe knowing the proper power settings and when to set them is the key to flying the ATC 810 (as well as any other sim) properly. As long as you do that, it's not that bad, otherwise it can be a nightmare.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back