SkyWest RJ Captain down to 1 year!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very sad.....

hope no SKYW spikey hair, sunglasses resting on their forehead wonderpilots start making mistakes.

13 months, shoot, some of them'll probably upgrade without having ever de-iced. yay.

Very sad.....

hope no SKYW spikey hair, sunglasses resting on their forehead wonderpilots start making mistakes.

13 months, shoot, some of them'll probably upgrade without having ever de-iced. yay.

Couldn't agree more. Hope no one in my family rides with them.

That is pretty strange/awesome. I know there are more factors involved but the standing bid list for RJ CA shows over 250 people ahead of a person with that seniority level. I know some dont have the time, are seat locked, want impossible bases, etc, but for that many peopple to get skipped over? Wow is right! I guess that standing bid list is a terrible guide when trying to guage how many people are ahead of you. Anyone see it slowing down in the next year?

Very sad.....

Just because the person has been with Skywest for 13 months doesn't mean that they aren't more experienced than you are assuming. Remember minimum time to upgrade is 2500hrs. There were several guys from Eagle in my class, one with 6 years over there. This was typical of the experience level in my class with the exception of a few CFI types, and they would not upgrade in a year.

When pulling up the standing bid list for RJ captain, narrow it down to those willing to go to ORD and you can see that it drops to that seniority level pretty quick. A number of people with bids for ORD are seatlocked or don't want to go until later in the year.

Even if you don't think you can hold a seat put the bid in anyway. I'd bet this guy wasn't expecting it this fast.

Just because the person has been with Skywest for 13 months doesn't mean that they aren't more experienced than you are assuming. Remember minimum time to upgrade is 2500hrs. There were several guys from Eagle in my class, one with 6 years over there. This was typical of the experience level in my class with the exception of a few CFI types, and they would not upgrade in a year.

Exactly.....I know of many people who came here after 4 or more years at other regionals........they are able to upgrade in 8 months or 13 months because they have 4000 other 121 hours.....

and relief tube, people were screaming the same thing last year and the year before about quick upgrades, and I have yet to see any type of incident relating to lack of experience.........

Judge before knowing-Amazing!!!

This guys has 737 and DHC-8 exp. at an intl' airline with 4500tt. Don't talk before you know the facts. People on FI are amazing!

Latest resources

Back