• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest RJ Captain down to 1 year!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
STFU. Nobody said he was 23yrs. As mentioned before this guy has 737 and DHC-8 exp. The haters are out in full force.

"STFU"? And pray tell how would you not be a "hater" on the opposite side of the issue? Hypocrite.

If you have anything intelligent to add, please do. If not, maybe you should "STFU" until you learn enough about this industry not to put your foot in your mouth every time you speak.

very sad.....resting sunglasses on ones head is much better than wearing them in your pocket, around your neck like a woman, or squinting around getting wrinkles all day.
The only problem I see with resting them on my head is that they will get all messed up from my hair gel.

It's oh so dangerous since we all know that people in their early 20's are incapable of any sort of important decision. It's not like many of you didn't have kids in their early twenties. No, raising a child requires no important decisions. And nevermind that George Washington was head of all Virginia forces at the age of 23 before the war. Oh, and all the troops who are between 18 and 25 in Iraq and Afganistan? Nope, not making any life changing decisions.

Face it, experience, and more importantly a person's judgement, have more to do with safety than their age. Anybody ever wonder why the worst captains are the ones who have been there forever?

And for Grey Ghost, if you think the pay is bad, the work rules suck, and we're dangerous because we have young captains, why are you here?

its gives me a warm feeling to know that SKYW will put some 23 year old punk in charge of a 90 seat jet! Just keep lowering the standards, jerry!

I hate to tell you this...but I know this man. He is in his early 30's very professional. Used to fly the 737 and Dash-8.

BTW...SkyWest I think is the last regional standing not to "lower" their minimums.

SKW is the last one not to lower their mins, but this actually does not matter, still need 2500 hours to make CA.

SKW is a good place to work, I love FI, everyone bitches about upgrade times at Eagle being too long, "dont work at Eagle, takes too long to upgrade" then those same people look at SKW and say "you should not be able to upgrade that fast, you will crash airplanes"

This place really cracks me up.

It's oh so dangerous since we all know that people in their early 20's are incapable of any sort of important decision. It's not like many of you didn't have kids in their early twenties. No, raising a child requires no important decisions. And nevermind that George Washington was head of all Virginia forces at the age of 23 before the war. Oh, and all the troops who are between 18 and 25 in Iraq and Afganistan? Nope, not making any life changing decisions.

Face it, experience, and more importantly a person's judgement, have more to do with safety than their age. Anybody ever wonder why the worst captains are the ones who have been there forever?

And for Grey Ghost, if you think the pay is bad, the work rules suck, and we're dangerous because we have young captains, why are you here?

To play devils advocate...

I would look back and say the decision to have children in my 20s was not the best idea.

GW was a great man, but back in his day, the average life expectancy was what, 50 years? The 20s were your peak years then.

The GIs at war? They don't make decisions, their commanders do.

But I agree some of the 50 somethings tend to make poor decisions too. I believe studies have shown that you reach your mental and physical peak somewhere in the mid to late 30s.

But I agree some of the 50 somethings tend to make poor decisions too. I believe studies have shown that you reach your mental and physical peak somewhere in the mid to late 30s.
Let me guess, you are in your mid to late thirties?

Latest resources

Back