• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest RJ Captain down to 1 year!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"STFU"? And pray tell how would you not be a "hater" on the opposite side of the issue? Hypocrite.

If you have anything intelligent to add, please do. If not, maybe you should "STFU" until you learn enough about this industry not to put your foot in your mouth every time you speak.

Whaaa??? You're so drunk pop's, that first sentence didn't make any sense.
So if you ASA-holes don't know this guy, STFU!!!. Especially you Jane Pennispump. I glad mngmt. is tearing your poop chute ligaments.

Last edited:
WOW! Well said, as usual, Fins.

Let me add to that, that y'all at Skywest WILL get your turn in the mill. Enjoy your 1 year upgrades, because by the time you hit 10 years, Skywest will have found a way to replace you, just as they have with us.

Fins speaks the truth in that we at ASA have been told many, many times that our seniority is a problem. They don't want anyone over 5 years hanging out because we become too costly to do the same job as a 2 year pilot. They WILL buy or create an alter ego, and you being without a contract have no defense. Long after ASA is gone, y'all will live our fate and see your jobs transferred to a different carrier where you MAY be allowed to interview for your job and start over.

But until then, enjoy your upgrade. I hope the majors are still hiring by the time you get your 1000 PIC. If not, try to learn from history instead of repeating it.

I actually with Fins and you on this. Management doesn't want us around any longer than 5 years. I've been here 7+ years and have nearly 2200 pilots below me. Pay is subpar but my QOL is currently good. When the QOL goes this job will truely suck, and I'll kick myself even harder for not doing more to move on years earlier.

So if you ASA-holes don't know this guy, STFU!!!. Especially you Jane Pennispump. I glad mngmt. is tearing your poop chute ligaments.
I think that we can sum up what is wrong this profession right here.

SKW is the last one not to lower their mins, but this actually does not matter, still need 2500 hours to make CA.

SKW is a good place to work, I love FI, everyone bitches about upgrade times at Eagle being too long, "dont work at Eagle, takes too long to upgrade" then those same people look at SKW and say "you should not be able to upgrade that fast, you will crash airplanes"

This place really cracks me up.

Haha you have a very valid and funny point there.

Do you think he will find it funny when it is your turn in the barrel? Make no mistake, JA is doing a number on ASA. He will likely be successful. The shareholders will like the results, and he will then do the same thing to the employees of OO.

I think that we can sum up what is wrong this profession right here.

How true.

What a very mature comeback. Lance I think you pretty much precluded anyone from taking anything you say seriously.

GW was a great man, but back in his day, the average life expectancy was what, 50 years? The 20s were your peak years then.

In the american colonies the average life expectancy was 70 to 80 years old. It was greater in the colonies than in Europe because you didnt see the same "crowding" in the new world.

The ASA guys that went to SW a year ago I'll bet are very happy right now. Much better off than at ASA.

How true.

What a very mature comeback. Lance I think you pretty much precluded anyone from taking anything you say seriously.
Yes, people like Lance disgust me, he thinks that he is better because of which crappy regional he chose to go to, they are all crap, some less crappier then others. What Lance fails to realize is that we are all part of the same family, we are all pilots trying to get to somewhere bigger and better and improve the industry for ourselves. While our opinions may differ on how to do that we should never resort to name calling, or root on the destruction of one pilot group just because we have a bone to pick with someone. Lance grow up, whats good for John is good for you, and what is good for you is good for John. How dare you wish the destruction of his livelihood for the benefit of your assument, this is what he does to put food on the table for his wife and children. Shame on you Lance.

Latest resources

Back