• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest RJ Captain down to 1 year!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, people like Lance disgust me, he thinks that he is better because of which crappy regional he chose to go to, they are all crap, some less crappier then others. What Lance fails to realize is that we are all part of the same family, we are all pilots trying to get to somewhere bigger and better and improve the industry for ourselves. While our opinions may differ on how to do that we should never resort to name calling, or root on the destruction of one pilot group just because we have a bone to pick with someone. Lance grow up, whats good for John is good for you, and what is good for you is good for John. How dare you wish the destruction of his livelihood for the benefit of your assument, this is what he does to put food on the table for his wife and children. Shame on you Lance.

Save it Dr.Phil...

I'm sure "don't taxi a jet into the mud" was very mature. You guys can sure dish it, but start crying like battered wives when receiving.

Lets see the topic was upgrade in 13mo. Some chicken little puke turned it into "No way I want my family on that plane". Yet when they are at the gate non-reving, they b!tch and moan cause they are not on the flight. I can see it now...Um, ma'am how long did it take the CA to upgrade? What??? 13mo??? Come on kids we'll take greyhound.

Who is/are the hypocrites???

Last edited:
the scary thing is that people upgrading at skywest right now, with 13 months on the property...and at LEAST 2500tt...have more time than probably 1/2 the upgrades at United did in the late 90's...FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mookie

Not to flame, but I just jumped with a Skywest crew the other day. Watch the Capt. climb the -700 at 250 inidicated with a full boat. I kept biting my tongue to see when he'd realize that he'd run out of energy on the wing. Thank God he was smart enough to ask for a level off to speed up.

Not to flame, but I just jumped with a Skywest crew the other day. Watch the Capt. climb the -700 at 250 inidicated with a full boat. I kept biting my tongue to see when he'd realize that he'd run out of energy on the wing. Thank God he was smart enough to ask for a level off to speed up.

Our fuel conservation profile in the 700 is 250 IAS until .74, never really had a problem doing it performance wise.

Well, actually that's our fuel conservation profile...200 to 10,000 then 250 to .74

This is normal for the CRJ700. 250 to .74 in the climb.

What makes you think Skywest has pilots that are "more experienced" than any other regional? 13 months is 13 months and there will be some idiots that do it with the minimum times. Just hope you aren't deadheading when things go wrong.

I think you missed the point of my post. Just because they have 13 months with skywest doesn't mean they didn't fly at another airline somewhere else before, which is actually the case with the person in question. It is simply not possible to upgrade at skywest in 13 months unless you did fly at another airline previously. You can't do training for 3 months and then fly 1000hrs of 121 time in 10 months, so my point was, for this quick of an upgrade to happen the pilot must have had more experience than you would assume by just saying he's been here for a year or so.

This probably from a jumpseater that wants to fly the plane from the jumpseat.

Shaking head....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back